Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanic 1 located on the Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe, Hawaii.
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test engines, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc. Position reports to the Supervisor. Services, repairs and overhaul equipment and engines. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds equipment and engine components, fuel systems (including cells, tanks and fuel/metering control systems), and functional components using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills. Inspects and repairs power plants (engines) malfunctions, including cracked components, oil leaks, etc. Diagnoses malfunctions, isolate causes and correct breaks. Test engine operations, using testing equipment to locate source of malfunction. Replaces and repairs damaged components, uses hand tools, gauges, and tests equipment. Removes engine and major components from equipment, using hoist or other lifting devices. Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects. Repairs and replaces defective engine components and reassemble and install engine on weapon systems and vehicles. Adjusts, repairs, or replaces instruments, electrical/electronics, fuel/oil systems and accessories. Performs vehicle services, including engine flush/cleaning, parts lubrication, and maintenance checks. May service engine components operations making repairs and overhaul, required to ensure safe operating condition. May specialize in repair and modification of engines, structural components, precision repair, functional spare parts, and assemblies. Recommends revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- Must have Secret Clearance/NACI
- High school graduate or equivalent is desirable.
- Must have Secret/NACI with Four (4) years actual and recent, vehicle or missile, or related weapon systems experience desired; three (3) years required.
- Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to weapon systems and vehicles.
- Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit.
- Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles. Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturers maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Shall Have the ability to troubleshoot malfunctions in various aircraft systems and be able to perform general Organizational Level maintenance and possesses one or more of the specialties of the assigned aircraft.
- (MV-22) below:
- Propulsion/Engine/Rotor/Transmission/Drive and Fuel systems
- Airframe/Structural, Landing Gear, Launch/arresting, Wing Pylon Fold, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, and mechanical flight control systems.
- Egress and /or Environmental Control Systems.
- aviation Life Support Systems (ALSS).
- Avionics Communication/Navigation/Identification/Electronic Countermeasures/Radar and Weapons Control Systems.
- Power Distribution/Electrical Power, Instruments, Compass, Automatic Flight Control and lighting systems. Aircraft armament and or Crew Served Weapons systems.
Able to performed in an office, flight line and shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
Management Services Group (MS)
United States of America
USA - Hawaii