American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Branch Manager - Windward City Shopping Center
at American Savings Bank
The Assistant Branch Manager I (ABM I) oversees a Branch location that is generally less complex in terms of number of transaction, customer visits, client asset values, increased variability of client products/services, etc.
Manages the Branch Teller roles and/or Personal Bankers within the respective branch assignment. This includes performance of all duties associated with leading personnel including hiring, developing, coaching, managing performance and making pay recommendations. Accountable for creating a work environment that instills the importance of the client experience across all team members. Partners with the Branch Manager to achieve Branch goals.
- Supervises Branch Tellers and/or Personal Bankers in a manner that instills teamwork, consistency of service, and a collaborative atmosphere resulting in an outstanding client experience. Accountable for performance management and ensures that all direct reports are adhering to ASB operational policies and procedures. Partners with the Teller-Lead to train and develop new Tellers. Provides similar training directly to Personal Bankers, providing coaching and guidance in order to develop staff to their greatest potential.
- Partners with the Branch Manager to achieve Branch performance goals associated with but not limited to: Customer Service, Sales, Expense & Loss, etc. In absence of the Branch Manager, assumes responsibility for the Branch operations.
- Works with clients to identify product needs and offers the Bank's consumer and small business products, as appropriate; refers clients to other business partners as appropriate to client situation. Builds and deepens the customer relationship in a manner that ensures client retention.
- Evaluates the Branch's internal controls; reviews and updates policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with laws & regulations as well as internal control procedures.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school or equivalent
- 2 years sales and/or service experience in a retail or financial services firm
- 1 year direct leadership of others, including hiring, coaching, developing, etc.
- 1 year branch/banking experience where adherence to bank operating policies and regulatory compliance was a requirement of the job
- 1 year proficiency with personal computers, calculators, and internet search tools
- Demonstrated strength in communicating (both written and oral) in order to effectively lead team members and also discuss products and services with bank customers
- Possesses a high degree of direct customer interaction skills