American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BSA High Risk Analyst
at American Savings Bank
Mitigates anti-money laundering risk to the bank by administering the bank's high-risk customer program. Carries out the operations of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program by ensuring that regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Conducts risk assessments on new and existing customers to determine degree of risk to the bank. Uses discretion to determine the necessity of blocking suspicious transactions and determining whether a customer relationship should be terminated.
- Responsible for evaluating risk criteria and identifying suspicious account activity. Determines whether criteria is satisfied for reporting to regulatory agencies within regulatory guidelines.
- Performs various quality control reviews and monitoring
- Compiles documentation for audit or examination requests and discusses program objectives with auditors or examiners.
- Conducts and develops BSA/AML and other compliance training.
- Coordinates, maintains and develops enhancements to various components of the Bank Secrecy Act program including but not limited to Suspicious Activity Reports, Currency Transaction Reports, Currency Transaction Report Exemptions, Customer Information Program, Beneficial Ownership, OFAC, 314(a), 314(b) and other requests.
- Provides advice and guidance to lines of business regarding compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations, regulatory policies & procedures.
- College (4-year) Degree in Business or other related field from an accredited university or college preferred
3-5 years similar or related experience in:
- Investigating complex BSA/AML suspicious activity cases;
- Performing reviews for customers deemed to be high risk;
- Making accurate SAR filing determinations;
- Independently complete: CTR cases, Monetary Instrument Logs, OFAC reviews and approvals, 314(a) and (b) requests;
- Performing analysis of information/data to interpret and apply to business decisions;
- Writing and presenting in a manner that effectively communicates with all levels of the organization.