American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Savings Bank
Primary Purpose of Job:
Collect on past due consumer and business banking accounts in a timely, orderly and professional manner while following standardized collections procedures that comply with Federal and State collection and bankruptcy laws.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for minimalizing losses related to past due retail consumer accounts such as mortgage loans, consumer loans, lines of credit, credit cards, overdrawn accounts via collection calls and/or correspondence in a good oriented environment using defined procedures.
- Assist borrowers with collection related issues to include but not limited to: account adjustments, client discrepancies, customer reconciliations, and account settlements.
- Apply knowledge of company products and services, policies, procedures, and collections systems when communicating with delinquent customers to properly evaluate and analyze account information to identify trends for possible risk and negotiate repayment terms to bring the account current.
- Perform skip tracing activities as needed or assigned to aid in locating a debtor.
- Document communications and collection efforts completely, accurately, and succinctly.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and be able to escalate matters when necessary.
- Provide superior customer service in a professional and fair manner while assisting the borrower with financial hardship.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School or Equivalent
- Two (2) years customer service experience and One (1) year Call Center/Banking Experience or
- Two (2) years collections experience (highly preferred)
Required Skills or Training:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to deal with customers in adversarial situations and resolve problems using sound judgment.
- Must be goal-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities while working in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with using computers and utilizing multiple programs to perform research.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.