American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banking Officer
at American Savings Bank
Provides support for the sale and processing of a total banking relationship to include all business products offered at American Savings Bank, with an emphasis on business credit products. Review credit analysis or analyzes financial statements of the Bank's commercial borrowers with basic to difficult complexity and reviews bank files to determine the nature and extent of all accounts and relationships.
- Manages and retains relationships at both the customer and Credit Administration levels.
- Independently reviews or develops the overall objective of the statistical analysis of each corporate firm in order to depict sufficient financial information in reports.
- Evaluates and recommends marketing of specific industries within an assigned geographic area by compiling statistical data and economic reports to enhance the selling process.
- Develops methods to effectively examine and analyze the financial stability, procedures, and operating history of corporate firms and prepares reports using information obtained from lending officers, borrowing customers, or other reliable sources.
- Plans and implements cost finding and reporting methods to determine ways of reducing cost factors impacting business banking loans.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required with a preference in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Two to three years' experience providing general knowledge of administrative, technical, or other responsible work which demonstrated abilities to perform work sufficient to analyze and evaluate the financial condition of various types of business enterprises.
- Two to three years specialized experience which provided extensive body of procedures, theories, principles, processes, and functions directly related to bank credit analysis and lending functions.
- One to two years' experience which demonstrates ability to recognize client needs and solicit assistance from other business partners.
- Working knowledge of various legal documents such as, but not limited to, promissory notes, mortgages, financing statements, security agreements, personal guarantees, subordination agreements, and workout agreements.
- Knowledge of modern business practices and the legal structures of corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices sufficient to analyze and evaluate financial conditions of corporate enterprises.
- Knowledge of business products offered by the bank to cross selling cash management services and products.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial/credit data.
- Ability to apply financial regulations, policies, and procedures to analytical work.
- Skill in communicating effectively and preparation of reports.
- Effectiveness in personal relationships with all levels of responsibility.