American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Savings Bank
Performs due diligence in the analysis and underwriting of commercial loans. Identifies and assesses key credit risks, and analyzes financial statements of the Bank's commercial borrowers. Exercises prudent judgment in preparing written summaries of credit risks and works with other departmental personnel in the preparation of approval memorandums as assigned. Works independently to prepare written summaries of credit risks and completes approval memorandums. Utilizes cash flow projections and formulates alternative risk scenarios in support of credit requests.
- Works independently and completes credit write-ups for Bank clients in accordance with ASB credit policy, including the most complicated commercial borrowers. Formulates financial projections in support of credit requests.
- Prepares financial statement analysis for new commercial borrowers of any level of complexity. Formulates financial projection in support of credit requests.
- Prepares financial statement spreads on Financial Analyzer, tax return analysis (individual and business), approval memorandums, loan and account information, and other pertinent data analysis. Performs covenant compliance, tracking and documentation on the covenant compliance worksheet and works with junior staff members to complete worksheet.
- Assists or leads Commercial Credit staff with projects, research, due diligence, and analysis as requested including accessing of S&P reports. Interfaces with ASB Commercial Markets and Commercial Real Estate lending personnel on existing or new customers.
- Constructs financial projections and formulates alternative risk scenarios.
- Creates and maintains credit documentation in credit management system.
- Reviews the work of junior credit analysts as needed.
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related
- Minimum 3 years' experience in commercial credit analysis or relevant financial analysis experience
Required Skills or Training:
- Thorough understanding of commercial credit underwriting principals and financial analysis
- Understanding the essentials of commercial loan documentation and commercial cash flow analysis
- Thorough understanding of the quality of earnings concepts (ex: the ability to calculate the growth and management's impact on cash flow and the capacity of the borrower's to generate sustainable, recurring cash flow.)
- Understanding the essentials of commercial loan structuring (ex: determination of financial covenants, collateral issues, guarantees and 3rd part support.)
- Ability to independently compute and evaluate individual cash flow analysis and business tax return analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills