American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Transaction Services
at American Savings Bank
Job TitleDirector of Transaction Services
LocationMililani Service Center-3039
Directs teams toward providing a high level of productivity, manages resource alignment and excellence in customer experience.
- Develops and executes action plans to mitigate or minimize impact of production delays affecting the Bank's ability to process and post customer transactions and files. Ensures uniformity of operations and the resolution of exception conditions, continuously evaluating effectiveness and quality of customer service.
- Proactively and continuously identify and implement process improvements and automation to improve customer experience and efficiency.
- Works with managers to develop and synchronize goals and objectives, business plans and strategies with other Operations teams.
- Develops service level agreements for key Operations functions such as data integrity, customer and account maintenance activities, release to post, exceptions processing, return items, ACH and wire services and manages to those SLAs.
- Oversees development and management of the Bank's float on outgoing clearing items both locally and domestically.
- Ensures all audit findings are resolved timely and no repeat findings occur for compliant operations.
- Manages department business unit budgets to target and reports outcomes as necessary in established forums.
- Develops and directs disaster recovery and business continuity strategies for managed activities to ensure minimal service disruption and security of client transactions.
Reviews, evaluates and recommends upgrades to systems for efficiency and compliance.
- Drives system changes for end-users, performs validation and testing on applications and systems, when necessary.
- Understands and keeps abreast of regulations governing deposits, checks and electronic transactions, to ensure that processes and controls exist to minimize risk and loss exposure to the Bank as well as ensure compliance to rules and regulations.
- Makes timely, sound and independent decisions for the prevention of losses, and escalates to the appropriate management level where appropriate.
Minimum Education Requirements: College (4-year) Degree
Indicate Degree Major Field of Study: Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
5 years banking experience that includes a minimum of 2 years managerial experience in bank operations. Managerial experience includes, but is not limited to, budgeting, managing staff, and implementation of corporate goals and objectives.
Required Skills or Training:
- Able to analyze, interpret and provide problem resolution at various levels. Must be able to make sound decisions utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Independent decision-making by using and interpreting established standards, policies, procedures and regulations. Must be able to keep sensitive and bank information confidential and secure.
- Development of new processes/workflows to improve effectiveness and efficiency of department and branch support.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Work environment involves meeting critical deadlines, shifting priorities and multiple demands, requiring the ability to prioritize and adapt.
Professional Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Requirements
Must have car and valid driver's license.