American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Project Manager
at American Savings Bank
Primary Purpose of Job
Manages the overall direction, coordination, planning, execution and completion of medium to large and complex, enterprise-level projects. Enterprise projects include both technology and business-related deliverables. Builds relationships with technology and business teammates and successfully balances the needs of the project stakeholders with the objectives of the project. Leads and drives the project to completion while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Understands the Banks' vision, strategic objectives, priorities, workstreams, and valuation linkages for all projects & initiatives and facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, and objectives.
- Develops detailed project management plans and identifies project task and deliverables to build a project schedule. Drives and manages the project according to the plan to achieve the desired objectives and delivers the approved scope on-time, within budget, and with the expected quality.
- Provides direction, support, and leadership to a cross-functional team comprised of teammates from all levels of the enterprise.
- Assists in building business case justification for projects, including financial analysis, cost/benefit analysis, and definition of appropriate metrics to measure success and benefits. Manages the project to ensure project scope and execution align with the business case and benefit objectives. Manages and controls the project budget.
- Acts as a project management mentor and supports informal training of other Bank teammates on project management best practices, tools, and techniques.
- Applies critical thinking, conflict management, and process improvement with a solution-oriented mindset.
College (4-year) Degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering, or relevant work experience
- Five (5) years minimum of Project Management experience, with a focus on technology, software development, application implementation, process improvement, or operations.
- Three (3) years minimum of Enterprise-level financial management experience, including budgeting and forecasting, accrual accounting, financial reporting, and cost/benefit analysis.
Required Skills or Training
- Demonstrated success in the management and implementation of medium to large, complex business- and technology-driven projects. In-depth knowledge and experience in applying project management best practices and familiar with the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of risk management, accounting/financial reporting, process improvement, and internal controls.
- Must be familiar with the vendor procurement process and have demonstrated success with vendor management and driving vendor delivery of an application, tool, or solution.
- Must have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude with a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving and project delivery.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and planning skills. Attention to details is a must, with the ability to work under pressure and with tight timelines.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external vendor partners.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills to partner across varying departments to successfully deliver on a united objective.
- General knowledge of the banking and financial management industry, and experience with implementing projects or technology solutions within a bank is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity in working with web-based applications is desirable.
Professional Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Requirements
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of process and continuous improvement, including basic Six Sigma principles, is desirable.