American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Risk Manager
at American Savings Bank
Primary Purpose of Job
Leads efforts to implement process reengineering; serves as a resource throughout the Bank by providing coaching, direction and training on aspects of risk management, internal controls, and process development / redevelopment. Manages the company's Sarbanes-Oxley program. Supports the model risk management framework and model validation assessment activities, particularly relating to models impacting non-credit risk.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Maintains trusted, collaborative, relationships with organization management to promote an appropriate level of engagement in Enterprise Risk Management activities.
- Partners with and provides guidance and assistance to business unit management to:
- Identify, evaluate, understand, manage, mitigate and communicate significant risks
- Prepare risk self-assessments, including analyzing processes, identifying gaps and creating action plans
- Evaluate, recommend and implement process design improvements to achieve greater efficiencies
- Develop solutions to capitalize on opportunities or to mitigate risks
- Build strong alliances to positively influence identification and resolution of significant risks and opportunities.
- Provides risk management support and actively participates in major initiatives as appropriate, including projects, and significant system/process implementations.
- Develops and evaluates the market and operational risk profiles for the Enterprise Risk Management program
- Develops methods and models to measure and monitor market and operational risk
- Contributes to the development and annual planning for ERM activities, budgets and resources
- Provides support for the Company's insurance program
- Supports enterprise risk reporting requirements for Executive Management and the Risk Committee of the Board
- Creates and delivers presentations to Executive Management and the Board for risk reporting
- Directs the Bank's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program:
- Serves as a liaison between Senior Management, business unit management, internal and external auditors
- Establishes and communicates the SOX Compliance Program's position to external auditors with regard to methodology and approach
- Oversees documentation and testing activities performed by Internal Audit
- Performs the annual company level risk assessment.
- Supports the model validation and stress test evaluation processes
- Assists with validation of qualified models and evaluation of stress testing methods and assumptions
- Provides guidance and training to model owners on model documentation and testing.
College (4-year) Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Ten (10) years minimum general business or banking experience or related experience required
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in or working knowledge of key banking functions, operational processes and internal control
Required Skills or Training
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement efficient and effective processes
Working knowledge of information technology, particularly how systems and applications integrate with business processes and operations
- Able to work independently and effectively multitask to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations and amid a continuously changing environment
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with, positively influence, and partner effectively with various groups or individuals within the Bank
- Demonstrated critical thinking, sound judgment and analytical skills
- Energetic and positive with an inquisitive nature; resourceful and able to seek out information sources
- Advanced PC/systems skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office tools