American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Reporting Analyst
at American Savings Bank
Primary Purpose of Job
Provides reporting of accurate, relevant and timely financial information to include the preparation of detailed financial disclosures under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Position plays a key role in the overall preparation of reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) through the parent company, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Prepares financial statements and other financial information for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings, ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under U.S. GAAP and the SEC, as applicable.
- Coordinates with various teammates throughout the Bank to receive the necessary input and disclosure support to prepare SEC filings; gathers, complies, reviews and analyzes data for accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Assists in the accurate and timely closing of the general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Responsible for the preparation, interpretation and variance analysis of monthly financial statements to include reports to the Bank's Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Regulators.
- Assists in researching, developing and implementing corporate accounting policies and procedures. Assists in researching and recommending accounting treatment and report presentation of various transactions within the constraints of U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Provides on-going assistance and training on financial reporting issues to all levels and areas of the Bank.
- Implements and complies with internal control structure over financial reporting in accordance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX).
- College (4-year) Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Four (4) -- Six (6) years minimum experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Banking industry knowledge preferred
Required Skills or Training
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP to efficiently research, identify, interpret, and provide written analysis of accounting treatment and implementation of accounting/reporting changes.
- Working knowledge of SEC rules and regulations for periodic reporting.
- Excellent analytic skills to quickly understand issues and implications of given situation and formulate action steps to resolutions.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, effectively, and efficiently under pressure.
- Must remain flexible in a demanding work environment, able to adapt to changing priorities while meeting project timelines.
Professional Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Requirements
- CPA is preferred