American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Ledger Reconciliation Specialist
at American Savings Bank
Primary Purpose of the Job
Ensures that all general ledger accounts are processed accurately and reconciled daily to minimize financial exposure and provide accurate financial reporting for the bank. Researches and resolves exceptions in a timely manner.
Major Job Accountabilities
Processes general ledger accounts by:
- Gathering data and obtaining supporting documentation from multi-cost center general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts in a timely and efficient manner to minimize potential high risk to the bank, including the reporting of reconciling items meeting resolution thresholds.
- Resolves all general ledger discrepancies. Communicates with the branches and departments on a daily basis to resolve out-of-balance conditions for all general ledger accounts affected by processing.
- Recommends process improvements to correct error conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in an office environment, preferably within the financial services industry or related field.
Required Skills or Training
- Proven work experience that demonstrates the ability to apply logic and reasoning to resolve general ledger discrepancies.
- Able to independently use professional judgment in problem solving and resolving error conditions.
- Excellent communication (listening, verbal, and written) skills.
- Proficient PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)