American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Business Partner
at American Savings Bank
The HR Business Partner will serve as a consultant to leaders and teammates on human resources-related issues, develop and communicate policies, educate employees, and implement effective programs. Analyze people-related metrics, trends, and root causes to develop HR solutions that drive increased employee engagement, performance, and results. Work directly with their Director, Business Partner Manager, business leaders, and HR team members, to embed HR strategy into day-to-day work and provide professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal business leaders with the objective of adding value to the business.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Provides day-to-day assistance and guidance to ASB leaders and teammates on Human Resources-related issues. Acts as a teammate champion and change agent.
- Works with the Manager of the HR Business Partners team to develop and implement effective HR processes, programs and practices. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation to leaders and teammates.
- Assists business leaders to integrate HR processes, programs and practices into their daily operations. Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Partners with HR functional teams (e.g. Operations, Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment, Engagement & Communication, HR Finance) to support HR Business Partner deliverables.
- Acts as an ambassador for HR across a wide variety of internal and external forums.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of teammates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues through effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy and stays current on HR trends and practices.
College (4-year) Degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
- 7+ years progressive experience working in multiple disciplines within Human Resources.
- Employee Relations background is a plus.
- Experience in banking industry desired.
Required Skills or Training:
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and trends.
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Significant knowledge of HR policies and talent management practices.
- Ability to perform complex analyses and interpret applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Experience with long-term strategic planning and leading complex change management projects.
- Ability to lead, work calmly, and deliver quickly and error-free during stressful times.
- Working knowledge of HR policies and talent management practices.
Professional Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Requirements
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP a plus