American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Servicing Representative
at American Savings Bank
Ensures a positive customer experience by providing exceptional servicing for a variety of Retail loan products. Supports customer-facing teammates as related to loan servicing and support and continually seeks ways to improve processes and work collaboratively with teammates across all lines of business. Responsibilities include onboarding new loans, servicing existing loans, and off-boarding loans to close for Residential and/or Consumer loans.
- Completes new loan/line bookings using a variety of systems and resources
- Completes a variety of loan maintenance and servicing tasks
- Performs Foxtrot functions to support automated processes
- Processes transactions related to loan onboarding, servicing, and off-boarding
- Analyzes and processes transactions related to various loan reports; posts transactions to accounts
- Calculates interest rate adjustments and payment/billing schedule updates.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves issues
- Contributes to development and refinement of internal procedures and other resources
- Manages work within stated deadlines
- Responds to inquiries, communicates with and supports teammates across the organization
- Identifies process improvement opportunities; participates in special projects within the department
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school degree; experience in a business-related field or equivalent work experience preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
- 1 year banking experience, loan operations, or servicing experience
Required Skills or Training:
- A well-developed sense of the customer's perspective; ability to respond with the customer in mind
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other people and groups
- Maintains a positive, professional demeanor; faces difficult situations directly and professionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including practicing open, honest communication with teammates.
- Makes sound decisions based on established guidelines, knowledge, and experience; ability to handle low/moderate risk-based decisions.
- Advanced technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office and other banking applications;
- Ability to adapt to new ways of working; masters new technology or procedures quickly, with little guidance.
- Strong organizational skills; can assess, prioritize, manage multiple work streams to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, intense environment.
- Understands loan payment processing, fee structure, interest calculation; can prepare interest and payment schedules.
- Understands and adheres to Regulatory/Compliance requirements, applies knowledge when resolving problems.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and techniques, particularly related to loan processing.
- Ability to understand the bank's financial metrics and how the department drives results for the bank.
- Ability to complete daily work with minimal supervision.