American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Servicing Representative - Lead
at American Savings Bank
Leads production activities of the Retail Loan Servicing team and supports teammates in ensuring a positive customer experience. Directly supports Loan Servicing Representatives I & II and provides assistance to teammates in other areas of the Bank as related to loan operational activities. Continually seeks ways to improve processes and works collaboratively with teammates across all lines of business.
- Supports daily operations of loan processing functions to ensure an outstanding customer experience by assisting the team with processing daily work, which may include new loan/line bookings, loan maintenance and servicing tasks.
- Runs Foxtrot to support automated processes, analyzes and processes transactions related to various loan reports, calculates interest rate adjustments and payment/billing schedule updates.
- Leads the team in managing the loan booking and servicing queues to ensure service levels are met or exceeded; processes work when needed.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves issues.
- Responds to inquiries, communicates with and supports teammates across the Bank.
- Supports the team's overall compliance with ASB policies and procedures and applicable banking laws and regulations; ensures that policies and procedures are properly carried out.
- Assesses training needs and supports development plans for teammates. Assists with training teammates; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Assists with productivity and quality reports; ensures monthly tracking is accurate.
- Assesses processes and workflows; identifies and drives improvement in processes in collaboration with other teammates or business units to improve customer experience and efficiency.
- Provides operational support for loan and related systems; serves as a subject matter expert on loan booking systems.
- Assists with special projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years banking experience, loan operations or servicing experience. Leadership expereince preferred
Required Skills or Traning
- A well-developed sense of the customer's perspective; ability to respond with the customer in mind
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other people and groups
- Maintains a positive, professional demeanor; faces difficult situations directly and professionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including practicing open, honest communication with teammates.
- Makes sound decisions based on established guidelines, knowledge, and experience; ability to handle medium risk-based decisions.
- Advanced technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office and other banking applications;
- Ability to adapt to new ways of working; masters new technology or procedures quickly, with little guidance.
- Strong organizational skills; can assess, prioritize, manage multiple work streams to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, intense environment.
- Understands loan payment processing, fee structure, interest calculation, and prepare interest and payment schedules.
- Understands and adheres to Regulatory and Compliance requirements, applying this knowledge to assessing and resolving problems.
- Self-directed with the ability to provide clear direction to others.
- Attainment of in-depth knowledge and proficiency regarding bank loan products, systems, procedures, documentation, and all applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrated work experience in problem analysis and problem resolution at functional level with the growth ability to apply strategic.
- Ability to review processes and recommend changes for improvement to achieve efficiency, effectiveness and compliance in bank loan operations.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and techniques, particularly related to loan processing.
- Ability to understand the bank's financial metrics and how the department drives results for the bank.