American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Savings Bank
Job Reference #: 5000539683406
About American Savings Bank
American Savings Bank (ASB) has been serving Hawaii's businesses and communities since 1925 and currently provides a full range of financial products and services, including business and consumer banking, home loans, insurance and investments. ASB is one of Hawaii's leading financial institutions, with e-banking services and branch locations throughout the state offering evening, weekend and holiday hours.
American Savings Bank matches its exceptional customer experience with an employee experience that has garnered local and national awards. ASB has been recognized locally as one of the "Best Places to Work" by Hawaii Business Magazine for ten consecutive years and honored nationally as one of the "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker Magazine. Fortune Magazine has recognized ASB as one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women and 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity. For more than 90 years, ASB has been helping build strong communities. Through its Seeds of Service program, ASB teammates have contributed nearly 48,000 hours of volunteer service, and ASB has donated millions of dollars to Hawaii's nonprofits and community organizations.
Primary Purpose of Job
Collaborates with key business stakeholders to determine solution objectives and platform requirements. Develops software / services in a service oriented architecture methodology, following the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and standards that will safeguard solution security, maintainability and compliance to regulations. Develops deployment strategies that allow for seamless integration between major applications. Responsible for requirements analysis, design, development and maintenance of custom code. Coordinates development efforts between groups to ensure that the business and technical objectives are being met.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Develop software based on service oriented architecture methodology.
- Provide technology consultation to assigned business partners to identify opportunities where technology may provide organizational efficiencies; research, identify and present internally enabling technology solutions for meeting customer requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise and development of software solutions. Utilizes knowledge of integration tools and platforms to develop software solutions to meet business requirements. Designs, develops, tests, tunes and implements custom code using a variety of solutions.
- Monitor and periodically assesses the performance of existing software, identifying and developing improvements.
- Develop the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and standards that will ensure security, maintainability, and regulatory compliance of organizational software solutions.
- Collaborates with technical colleagues within the Development team. Foster a positive and collaborative team environment where conflicts are resolved in a positive manner. Conduct interactions in a manner that reinforces team and organizational goals.
- Collaborates with key business partners and IT colleagues to clearly understand business needs in order to provide effective solutions.
- Provides technical support to business units and other IT departments in response to software development questions or needs.
College (4-year) Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Minimum Experience Required
- Six (6) years minimum experience in Object-oriented programming in a professional work environment
- Six (6) years minimum experience of use and administration of source code management systems
- Six (6) years minimum experience in systems administration experience using Windows server and workstation-based products; performs install and configures Windows applications and operating systems
- Six (6) years minimum experience performing software problem identification and resolution, as well as relational database experience using SQL Server
- Three (3) years minimum experience development of services in a middleware environment
Required Skills or Training
- Possesses a familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and have strong experience with object oriented programming languages (C# / Java / VB.net) and concepts.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Must demonstrate ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues and provide consultation to a broad group of people.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize multiple assignments and complete work within tight deadlines. Possesses strong time management skills by staying on top of assignments to ensure completion.
- Possesses experience in managing projects and cross-functional teams to deliver IT solutions in a time-critical manner, with minimal direction.
- Prior experience with all aspects of Information and Network Management, e.g., integration, infrastructure, firewalls, servers, hardware, and software.
- Demonstrates outstanding collaboration skills in consulting with business users, IT colleagues, and management.
- Possesses strong business process analysis skills and effective at documenting functional requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing batch files, SQL queries and dynamic scripting languages.
- Demonstrated experience in providing either direct or indirect leadership to other technical team members through coaching and mentoring.
- Experience with middleware platforms such as Mule ESB, WebMethods, Oracle Service Bus, etc. not required, but a plus.
- Knowledge of Fiserv products and / or experience in a financial services organization not required, but a plus.