American Savings Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Excellence Manager
at American Savings Bank
Primary Purpose of the Job
Drives continuous improvement projects and analyzes process performance, primarily within the Operations areas of American Savings Bank.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Leads and delivers quantifiable process improvements that result in improved efficiency, ease customer burden, and/or provide financial benefit to the operational teams and the overall organization.
- Ensures ongoing monitoring and measurement to validate customer satisfaction, expected project outcome(s), process efficiencies and realization of projected benefits (whether operational, financial, or both).
- Understands and defines the current state of business processes; evaluates process capability and performance using data systems to identify root causes and opportunities; implements future state process to move us in the right direction; validates benefits and communicates results.
- Partners with process improvement teammates and other business partners to provide support, tools, and training to effectively deploy continuous process improvement across banking operations.
Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Engineering, Statistics, Business Management, or related degree.
- 1+ years of experience leading process improvement initiatives, including projects that have incorporated the DMAIC process.
- Process improvement experience in a client and/or financial services environment is preferred.
Required Skills or Training
- Demonstrates highly effective skills in leading continuous improvement projects.
- Understands project management and change management practices.
- Demonstrates a results-based leadership style that reflects effective delivery of fact-based business process improvements that result in positive outcomes for business operations, customers, and teammates.
- Demonstrated ability in using data and analytics systems. Experience in technical design and process documentation.
- Able to track work efforts to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to tailor messaging to diverse audiences to ensure understanding and engagement in process improvement initiatives.
- Lean Black Belt certification or better, preferably issued by American Society for Quality is preferred but not required.