Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Centerplate, inc.
- 27-Aug-2019 to 26-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Paradise Cove
- Honolulu, HI, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Centerplate, powered by Sodexo, is one of North America's largest providers of quality food and beverage, catering, merchandise and facility management services for many of America's best-known sports, convention and entertainment venues. As our singular goal is to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice, all of our managers, chefs and employees are "Hospitality Ambassadors."
We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef for Paradise Cove. "From the moment you set foot upon our 12 oceanfront acres, you're our special guest and treated to the finest Hawaii has to offer." A tropical Mai Tai greeting and traditional Hawaiian music set the festive mood of the evening. Casually stroll through the Hawaiian Village and learn the Arts & Crafts of the islands or test your skills at our Hawaiian Games.
An Executive Chef I (level one) is charged with maximizing the productivity of the culinary staff, as well as managing the executive sous chef and sous chefs who are directly below them in the culinary chain of command. The Executive Chef I will train and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef I may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of Food Preparation, Product Handling, Equipment Utilization and Food Safety.
- Analyze Business Volume and Product Usage Daily.
- Participate in the Development and Implementation of Business Strategies.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 10 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a culinary operation with at least 5 revenue centers.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with annual revenues in excess of $10mm.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- AOS or higher Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program or equivalent professional certification.
- BA/BS Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university.
- ACF Certified Executive Chef I or ACF Certified Culinary Administrator
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Centerplate, powered by Sodexo, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.