Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food and Beverage, Operations Manager
at Centerplate, inc.
- 16-Sep-2019 to 15-Nov-2019 (PST)
- Aloha Stadium
- Aiea, HI, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Apply Now Using Our Quick 5 Minute Application!
Centerplate is seeking an experienced Operations Manager for our Food & Beverage operations at Aloha Stadium.
Centerplate and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. "Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
Located in Central Oahu, the Aloha Stadium is Hawaii's largest outdoor arena, home to the University of Hawaii Warriors football team and the annual NFL Pro Bowl game. In addition, the Aloha Stadium hosts a multitude of events attracting visitors from around the State including soccer matches, concerts, car shows, fairs and the ever popular Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace.
The Operations Manager often serves as a right hand to the General Manager. As a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team, they will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Centerplate's vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Centerplate is held in the highest regard.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Operations Manager will contribute to Centerplate's goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads, the Operations Manager will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
- Develop and implement business strategies for driving and maximizing food, beverage and merchandise sales.
- Serve as a leadership role model and create an exceptional employment experience for Centerplate's staff.
- Create an environment where an exceptional service and dining experience is delivered to each customer, contributing to Centerplate's goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- Plan and execute all operations activities against forecasted daily business volume.
- 3-5 years previous operations leadership experience in a complex food service environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Keen ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Centerplate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.