Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at Centerplate, inc.
- 25-Sep-2019 to 24-Nov-2019 (PST)
- Aloha Stadium
- Aiea, HI, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Centerplate, powered by Sodexo, and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. "Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager for Aloha Stadium, located in Aiea, Hawaii. Located in Central Oahu, the Aloha Stadium is Hawaii's largest outdoor arena, home to the University of Hawaii Warriors football team and the annual NFL Pro Bowl game. In addition, the Aloha Stadium hosts a multitude of events attracting visitors from around the State including soccer matches, concerts, car shows, fairs and the ever popular Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace.
The HR Manager is responsible for the provision of employee-focused information, services, programs processes and policies. They are responsible for maintaining all personnel-related documentation, files and systems of record. They will organize general office and administrative procedures and will act as a key support and communications point person for the unit's management team and front line staff.
Working closely with the General Manager and department heads, The HR Manager will provide coordination efforts, support, guidance, counsel and assistance in the areas of employee relations, benefits, payroll and compensation administration, leadership development, diversity and ethics, employment law and policy compliance, labor relations, recruitment, on-boarding, training and workforce management.
The HR Manager will maintain the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality, as they are charged with the protection of sensitive Company and employee information, and they will act with some independence to ensure fairness and objectivity for all employees while exemplifying and supporting Centerplate's vision, mission and values.
- Facilitate HR systems and processes; Provide advice, counsel, guidance and assistance across all HR disciplines to unit employees.
- Support, leverage and expand the effectiveness and capabilities of unit-level workforce through focus on positive employee experiences, fostering teamwork, building strong team relationships and sharing information to build team awareness.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of district, regional and organizational HR business strategies.
- Contribute to the goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or a related field of study and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to ensure on-the-job success.
- HRCI-PHR or SHRM-CP certification, or willingness to work toward certification.
- 1-3 years of previous work experience in an HR role, with up to date knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Polished and professional image.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office and HRIS programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Centerplate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.