Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 5000443695506
Job TitleSafety Technician
Safety Technician at client site. The work is routine and long in duration.
- Serves as a resource for line management to administer a proactive prevention program for incidents and illnesses on Petroleum, Oil & Lubricants related projects. Provides technical assistance to field operations to ensure compliance with applicable international, federal, state, local and Aptim health, safety & environmental requirements.
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed.
- Prepares and reviews activity reports, correspondence and when required, incident investigations. Establishes and maintains permits as required. Meet applicable regulatory codes and standards where required.
- Internal contacts may include project management, risk management personnel, site HSE Supervisor, business line leads, project Health and Safety personnel and office managers. External contacts include clients at work locations and other contractors working at customer sites.
- This individual exhibits knowledge and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a broad range of HSE practice. Under the general supervision of the project HSE Supervisor, assists in the application and enforcement of company and project standards and regulations.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Once assigned to a specific project site, the work is routine and of long duration.
- Ability to work independently.
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years of HSE experience, preferably for construction. Applicants with experience specifically in the area of construction Petroleum, Oils & Lubricants major capital projects will get preferential consideration.
- Current (within the last 5 years) OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety; EM 385-1-1 (2014); 40 Hour Hazwoper (with documentation of annual 8 hour training since the initial class) and a current First-Aid/CPR & AED training required.