City and County of Honolulu
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FLEET MECHANIC III (BC-11)
at City and County of Honolulu
Pay: up to $61152.00/year
Salary : $5,096.00/Month
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 246345
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||FLEET MECHANIC III (BC-11)|
|Opening Date/Time:||Sun. 08/22/10 12:00 AM Hawaii Time|
|Job Type:||Full-Time Permanent|
|Department:||Department of Human Resources|
|Independently repairs, maintains and overhauls a variety of heavy motorized vehicles and/or equipment in the City's fleet (such as refuse trucks, dump trucks, cranes, bulldozers, rollers, graders, etc.), as a substantially full-time assignment; and performs other duties as required.|
|Additional Job Information:|
|At the time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment. |
***Subject to funding availability.***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one vacancy with the Department of Facility Maintenance, Automotive Equipment Services Division. May require working on weekends and holidays and subject to rotating and/or night shift work. This list may be used to fill future Fleet Mechanic II and III vacancies in the Department of Facility Maintenance as well as other departments in the City & County of Honolulu.
Some notifications may be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your email account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- check your spam folders; and
- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
|EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Experience and/or training of sufficient scope and quality to competently perform the journey level skills and duties of a Fleet Mechanic III. Experience must have included the repair and overhaul of complex hydraulic and electrical systems on a variety of heavy vehicles, such as dump trucks, truck tractors, and/or refuse trucks.|
1. Appropriate valid Hawaii State driver's License;
2. A valid commercial driver's license with proper endorsements, as required;
3. A current State Department of Transportation medical examination certificate, as required;
4. A current Certificate of Fitness for Crane and Hoist Operator, as required;
5. A certificate approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the servicing and disposal of refrigerants, as required; and
6. A current State Department of Transportation safety inspector certificate, as required.
CURRENT VACANCY LICENSE/CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS:
Prior to appointment
1. Appropriate valid Hawaii State driver's license (Type 3);
2. Current State Department of Transportation Medical Examiner's Certificate;
3. Current Certificate of Fitness for Crane and Hoist Operator;
4. Certificate approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the servicing and disposal of refrigerants; and
5. Current State Department of Transportation Safety Inspector Certificate.
Prior to completion of probation
1. Valid Commercial Driver's License, Type B
|TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum requirements, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity and/or recency of your training and experience for this position.|
Training and Experience Evaluation...........................................................100%