City and County of Honolulu
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PLANNER IV (GENERAL CITY/URBAN PLANNING) (SR-22)
at City and County of Honolulu
|Job Title:||PLANNER IV (GENERAL CITY/URBAN PLANNING) (SR-22)|
|Opening Date/Time:||Sun. 05/12/13 12:00 AM Hawaii Time|
|Job Type:||Full-Time Permanent|
|Department:||Department of Human Resources|
|Assists in the design and development of planning projects through the analysis and application of social, economic and physical data and reports; and performs other related duties as required.|
Department of Planning and Permitting current vacancy: Reviews, evaluates, processes and administers basic zoning and coastal zone management clearances, permits, reports, and amendments to related regulatory codes, and performs other related duties as required. Reviews building and construction permit applications for consistency with zoning and coastal zone management permits and codes.
Department of Community Services current vacancy: Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting and participating with the acquisition, development, and rehabilitation of assigned tasks in the branch, and assisting and participating with planning tasks related to developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) for federal, state, and city funded housing projects.
|Additional Job Information:|
|At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.|
***Subject to funding availability***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.There is one vacancy with the Department of Planning and Permitting, Land Use Permits Division. In addition, there is one vacancy with the Department of Community Services, Community Based Development Division. This list may be used for future vacancies in this and/or other departments.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- are subscribed to email notices;
- check your spam folders; and
- add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact list.
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in city planning, architecture, engineering, economics, sociology, public administration or a related field.
Work experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis. Such experience must have provided the knowledge, skills, and analytical ability normally gained from attainment of a bachelor's degree.
Verification Requirement: You must submit evidence of your education within 7 days of filing this application. A reproduced copy of your transcript with the embossed seal or a copy of your diploma must be submitted in order to be given credit. Copies will not be returned. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
Three years of professional experience in architecture, engineering, or socio-economic research, including or supplemented by one year of professional work experience in city planning or related planning activities.
Having the required number of years of experience will not in itself be accepted as qualifying for the position. Your overall experience must have been of such scope, level and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
1) A Master's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited university may be substituted for two years of architecture, engineering, or socio-economic research experience.
2) A Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning from an accredited university may be substituted for two years of architecture, engineering, or socio-economic research experience and one year of city planning experience.
Verification Requirement: You must submit a copy of your diploma and/or transcript within 7 days of filing this application in order to be given credit. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
Possession of an appropriate valid driver's license, prior to appointment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your education and experience.