Covenant Surgical Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse- Part- time
at Covenant Surgical Partners
Covenant Surgical Partners is hiring Part -time Registered Nurse for Hawaii Endoscopy Center in Honolulu, HI.
SHIFT: Hours of operation are Monday - Friday
Under general direction from Center Manager, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation of the patient. The registered nurse is responsible for delivering safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educative and individualized nursing care to patients and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs patient preparation, including but not limited to: review of medical history, acquisition of appropriate consents, measuring vital signs, starting IV, administering medications, and setting up appropriate monitors. Assists in relieving patient’s apprehension before and during administration of IV sedation or anesthesia.
- Verifies that essential equipment is functioning properly each day.
- Assesses and monitors patients before, after and throughout all phases of care, demonstrating competency with all monitoring equipment.
- Transports and positions patients as needed.
- Records and documents all vital signs and assembles and maintains all related patient records.
- Maintains patient safety, and ensures a clean, orderly environment throughout the Center.
- Addresses individual patient needs, and completes all pre and post-op physician orders.
- Adheres to CDC Bodily Fluid precautions and infectious waste disposal according to policy.
- Manages supply inventory, ordering and restocking supplies as needed.
- Conducts pre and post-procedure orientation and instruction of patient and/or patient’s family, communicating a positive and caring attitude. Provides verbal and written discharge criteria.
- Assists with post-procedure telephone interviews.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
1. Three years clinical experience in the peri-operative setting or procedure healthcare including demonstrated knowledge of aseptic technique, working with anesthetized patients, and other clinical situations found in procedural setting.
2. Must possess a working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment impacting ASC’s, and the applicable standards of the AAAHC, and other regulatory bodies for ambulatory surgery centers.
3. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians and all medical professionals.
4. Holds current Hawaii RN license.
5. Current certification in BLS and, ACLS
6. Critical Care, E.R., or PACU/ recovery experience preferred. Endoscopy experience preferred desirable.
Would you like to join a dynamic healthcare company? A company that is looking to be recognized as the premier provider of Physician Services in the outpatient environment? A company that prides itself on its foundational values of integrity, responsibility, mutual respect and corporate citizenship? Now is your opportunity!
Position may also be known as
Operating Room Nurse
Pre-op / Post-op Nurse