Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DSI Renal
1233 - Pearlridge
Manages the overall operations for nursing services and patient care at two or more facilities, including but not limited to, financial management, quality assurance and patient care, safety, risk management, employee management and satisfaction, quality indicators, facility maintenance, and other required duties that may arise during the general operations of the facility. This position assures the safe, therapeutic nursing management of the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patient. This position may function as a Clinic Manager of a facility in addition to overseeing the activities and performances of other Clinic Managers and their facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Drive clinical and operational outcomes
o Ensure that compliance and audit requirements are met
o Assist and coach manager to achieve labor hour goals as well as budget targets for operational goals through the use and/or implementation of the appropriate tools
o Develop improvement plans for outliers
• Participate in budget formulation and review concerning personnel and scheduling needs with patient load within established labor hour goals
o Assist designated Clinic Managers with budget management
• Support market development and growth
o Develop strategic growth initiatives as needed
o Support the integration process of acquisitions within designated market
• Review and approve time cards and make corrections for all direct reports for payroll by required deadline each pay period
Oversee Patient Care Management
• Oversee nursing and clinical services for patient treatment and ensure that appropriate adjustments in treatment plans are developed, implemented and meet compliance with state and federal governing agencies
• Meet monthly with the designated facility Medical Directors to review facility clinical outcomes, water culture results, staffing and any other facility issues
o Develop facility action plans and ensure resolution of issues
• Maintain communication and continuity of planned care when a patient is transferred to other company facilities
• Ensure development and implementation of policies, procedures and resources to help patients assume responsibility for his/her own health maintenance
• Maintain open communications with physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare professionals regarding patient care
• Create, implement, administer policies, procedures and resources to ensure safe, appropriate treatment of patients
• Develop rapport with patients and manage patient concerns timely and appropriately
• Maintain a liaison relationship between designated facilities and the Director of Operations
• Provide leadership to direct reports
o Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
• Provide work direction and scheduling for employees as needed
• Participate and supervises orientation of direct reports in accordance with company policies and procedures and other governing agencies. Ensure new hire processes and training is completed timely to ensure new employees receive the appropriate training and support to effectively understand computer systems, role, company policies and procedures and compliance standards.
• Manage all employment areas such as hiring, promoting, job performance evaluations, professional development, employee satisfaction and disciplinary actions with appropriate approval from the Director of Operations and/or Human Resources Manager
o Manage employee relations issues timely and appropriately and escalate as needed
o Maintain employee records and personnel file to include written performance evaluation of all employees in compliance with company policy and any applicable laws
o Evaluate, record and process employee compensation according to company policy
o Know, understand and ensure all direct reports are licensed and/or certified according to their profession and in compliance with local, state and federal requirements.
o Know, understand, implement, follow and communicate to employees all company employment policies and procedures and other opportunities within the company and foster a positive work environment
o Ensure all employment processes are completed timely and in compliance with company policy and any applicable laws, including, but not limited to Personnel Change Forms, terminations, New Hire forms, etc.
o Facilitate employee development to ensure employees meet or exceed expectations; collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
o Maintain familiarity with and communicate to employees company programs impacting employees (including but not limited to Employee Referral Bonus, Tuition Assistance, etc.)
• Know, understand, and follow basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, including payment of all time worked by employees, Medicare and legislation affecting employment in dialysis and nursing services
• Plan, organize and facilitate regular, consistent staff meetings with direct reports
• Know, understand, communicate to all employees and follow company policies and procedures through updated written, electronic and in-service education, including but not limited to patient and employment policies and procedures
• Utilize and maintain educational programs to keep employees up to date on nursing practices, universal precautions, worker/patient safety, etc.
Risk Management/Quality Assurance Compliance
• Participate in monthly QAPI meetings, patient care conferences and in-service trainings as needed
• Assist with and/or conduct internal audits as directed
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services (DSI Business Code of Conduct, HIPAA, CMS, OSHA, or other governing agencies)
o Maintains facility in state of readiness for inspection by Medicare or other governing agencies
• Cooperate and assist with the internal audit process
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of any corrective action needed as a result of internal or external quality assurance, or as required by Medicare, OSHA or other governing agencies
• Report all employee injuries and illnesses according to established policy and procedures
• Participate in quality assurance according to company policies and procedures
• Ensure equipment and supplies are maintained to provide quality care and to ensure safety of patients and employees
• Identify and plan prompt corrective action for any issues with building safety or equipment and systems
• Participate in the development and periodic revision or policies and procedures with the Director of Operations/Medical Director to assure consistent, efficient and safe operation of the facility
Other Duties as Assigned
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs. to a maximum of 25 lbs. unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching and use full range of body motions. Hearing must be adequate to hear machine alarms and interact in person clearly and efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Degree from an accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· At least three years of dialysis nursing experience required
· At least three years of management experience required; experience with multi-site management preferred
· Completion of approved training program as required by the company and CMS guidelines required prior to operating the water treatment system
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency required in MS Outlook, Word, Excel; proficiency in all required computer systems of the company including Pearl, etc. within 90 days of hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Current RN license in state of practice required
· Current CPR certification
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIOR, SKILLS, ATTITUDE
· Commitment to and role model of company values and mission with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, employees, management, physicians and/or vendors in everyday performance and interactions
· Demonstrated in-depth understanding of facility and/or program operations and the roles of employees in accomplishing facility goals
· Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning patient information
· Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
· Motivate and self-directed; able to function independently and as a team member and to foster a positive work environment; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet objectives including clinical quality goals
· Demonstrated empathy, consideration and respect for patients and direct report employees
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
· Demonstrated ability to delegate appropriately
· Ability to remain calm and act appropriately in emergency or life-threatening situations
· Willingness, desire and ability to create a team learning environment and to lead by example to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment
o Demonstrated ability to provide a balance to efficiency and service excellence
o Willingness to assist managers in order to achieve facility goals
o Demonstrated strengths in teambuilding and leadership skills
o Ability to lead and motivate positive behavior and high morale
o Demonstrated ability to manage diverse teams
· Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the position.
· Ability to read, speak and write English with clarity of expression sufficient to communicate technical and complex concepts to employees, physicians, vendors, patients and patient family members in clear and easily understood terms
· Ability to understand clinical/medical vocabulary written or spoken in English
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to listen effectively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
o Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with employees at various levels across the company
o Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience with varying levels of understanding related to ESRD
o Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
o Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, including metric weight and volume measurements, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate drug doses, both oral and intravenous, and IV rates.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Able to communicate technical problems over the telephone and to receive and implement instructions to troubleshoot.
· Able to identify an emergency and manage situation
· Able to modify patient schedule (grid format) to assure appointments are on time.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of the position, including repetitive use of computer monitor.
o Ability to pass color vision test, if applicable
The physical requirements can vary. In general, the position requires the following activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs. to a maximum of 25 lbs. unassisted.
· Able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching and use full range of body motions.
· Hearing must be adequate to hear machine alarms and interact in person clearly and efficiently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection measures is required for every healthcare provider in these positions.