Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Modality Manager
at DSI Renal
Home Modality Manager
1236 - Pearlridge Home
To support and manage all aspects of the Home Therapies operations within the market or defined area, including growing the program through effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service, quality patient care, growth and marketing while adhering to the DSI Compliance guidelines and all regulatory and company policy requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be
· Implements quality goals and action plans as appropriate, in order to achieve quality standards set forth by the company and/or government regulations.
· Accountable for analysis and tracking growth of home therapy initiatives and patient census and reporting this to management.
· Identifies opportunities to grow home therapies in collaboration with physicians, clinic managers, Director of Operations and Senior Vice-President of Operations.
· Coordinates implementation of home therapies growth initiatives and assists in the development of the home therapies growth plan including analysis of the local market and prioritization of growth and development opportunities.
· Responsible for training clinic managers and others as needed in home therapies initiatives.
· Maintains knowledge of home therapies products, services and strategies in order to market home therapies to the community.
· Responsible for supporting strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating home therapies initiatives with interested physicians through collaboration with the Directors of Operations and Senior Vice-President of Operations.
· Provides educational programs to physicians as needed. Responsible for coordinating communication of home therapies initiatives to physicians through collaboration with the Directors of Operations and Senior Vice-President of Operations.
· Responsible for marketing DSI facilities and services to physicians and encouraging patient referrals within guidelines established by company and government regulations.
· Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of home therapy support care to patients with ESRD.
· Responsible for ensuring patient’s response to home dialysis treatment is documented following company policies and procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring initial and ongoing nursing assessments and ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient care need is completed in accordance with policy and procedures.
· Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the physician.
· Responsible for ensuring all patients are educated regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedule, medications and fluid as appropriate.
· Responsible for ensuring accurate entering of physician lab orders into Pearl. Ensures all physician orders are entered into Pearl in a timely manner.
· Oversee collection, packaging and delivery of lab specimens and reporting of results in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
· Responsible for the safe, effective and timely training of all home patients and their families/significant others on the safe and effective operation and maintenance (as applicable) of all home therapies equipment.
· Assists in the identification and evaluation of candidates for home dialysis therapies, including assessment of patients’ home environment if needed.
· Required to use personal vehicle when traveling to/from assigned work locations, including patient homes.
· Maintain personal vehicle liability insurance as required by company and state regulations.
· Coordinates and oversees the delivery of the Treatment Options Program.
· Provides safe and effective training and oversight of the delivery of home dialysis to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the policy/procedures, as well as regulations set forth by the company, state and federal agencies.
· Ensures staff is scheduled to provide availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for patient needs. May be required to cover for staff in event of staff absence/unavailability.
· Orients all new home therapies staff and provides ongoing education.
· Hold regular staff meetings (prefer monthly)
· Participates in company initiatives, projects and audits as directed.
· Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
· Ensures all educational needs of patients and family are met regarding ESRD.
· Provides ongoing education to patients and families regarding their renal disease, peritoneal or vascular access and home dialysis therapy and other related health conditions.
· Coordinates transplant education and assists in transplant work up process
· Responsible for ensuring accurate data is entered into Pearl to ensure appropriate and accurate billing of home therapy services.
· Complete all reporting as required by company policies and government regulations.
· Ensures competency of self and staff in the operation or all home dialysis related equipment, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
· Represent patients and company in a professional manner in professional organizations within the dialysis community.
· This position requires that the employee maintains regular and reliable attendance and presents an
example of appropriate work habits, behavior, and positive attitude toward patients, co-workers
Directly supervises home therapies staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies, government regulations and applicable laws.
Demonstrated leadership skills including, but not limited to, communication, customer service, performance management and continuous quality improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Registered Nurse degree required. Minimum of one year dialysis nursing with at least 6 months in Home Therapies (PD or NxStage) experience required. Management experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be licensed to work as a Registered Nurse in accordance with state(s) regulations in state(s) employed.
Must possess and maintain CPR certification.
Must complete mandatory in-service and training requirements designated by the company.
Learns and maintains basic computer skills per DSI specific applications.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general health care and/or business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from patients, physicians, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to interpret
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; talk and hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires direct patient care that may involve heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may/may not provide assistance. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 25 lbs. and as high as five feet. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.