Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Concierge - Kauai
at Expedia, inc.
Expedia Local Expert (LX) offers face-to-face personalized recommendations and assistance in booking events, activities, tours, attractions and other services that travelers seek in their destinations. LX focuses on providing exceptional service to our guests, our lodging partners, and our supply partners. We help travelers get the most out of each destination, which in turn helps our lodging partners develop loyal guests and helps our supply partners grow their businesses. LX professionals are passionate and knowledgeable about their markets. With access to a rich portfolio of thousands of tours and adventures, LX operates concierge and activity desks in nearly 100 hotels and other retail locations across Hawaii and Orlando, Florida.
The Concierge is responsible for assessing customer needs and selling attractions and activity tickets that ensure a memorable vacation experience. Qualified candidates bring proven sales and high-touch customer service skills to the team. The Concierge is knowledgeable about the local area and is the expert on the attractions, tours and activities that we sell. As a member of the team they uphold the Expedia Local Expert™ promise to "delight every guest by sharing my passion and local knowledge to arrange memorable experiences".
- Provide each guest with a professional and courteous greeting and outstanding guest service
- Build rapport with the guest and assist guest in selecting the product that matches their needs. Needs are assessed via the discovery process (i.e. asking questions)
- Meet or exceed established sales targets in a commissioned environment
- Demonstrate the ability to generate sales and up sell product by "painting the picture" and planning out the guest's stay to maximize the their experience
- Take responsibility for solving guest issues in a timely fashion with satisfaction and a sense of urgency. Follow up on issues to ensure that they are resolved
- Show proven ability to sell in person and on the phone
- Use sales tools to invoke a sense of urgency to get the guest to commit; closes and books the sale and gets guest to make payment
- Provide a thorough, detailed recap of the purchase along with properly thanking the guest for their business
- 2+ years of sales experience in a performance driven environment
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to adapt to and support change within the business
- Ability to overcome objections and offer alternate solutions
- Timeliness and a professional appearance
- Knowledge of the local area and attractions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must (fluent English required, bilingual a plus)
- •Strong listening skills to be able to identify customer needs
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently in a sales driven environment
- Knowledge of travel and/or ticket industry and concierge experience a plus
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and to stand for long periods of time
- Proven ability to juggle multiple duties and prioritize
- Flexible with scheduling and able to work all days, all shifts at all locations as the business dictates
- Computer literate
Expedia, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits to our full-time employees including 401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental, life insurance, vacation time and much more. Please indicate your availability when submitting your resume and/or application.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia Group is one of world's largest travel platforms. We help knock down the barriers to travel, making it easier, more enjoyable, more attainable and more accessible. We are here to bring the world within reach for customers and partners around the globe. We leverage our platform and technology capabilities across an extensive portfolio of businesses and brands to orchestrate the movement of people and the delivery of travel experiences on a both local and global scale.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Join our family of brands to change the face of travel.