State of Hawaii
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist IV
at State of Hawaii
- Recruitment Information
This posting is for the State of Hawaii, Department of Human Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
The position is located in Hilo, the Island of Hawaii.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please call the Department of Human Services, Human Resources Office, Recruitment and Examination Staff at (808)-586-4981, Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (HST).
The State Recruiting Office will refer all inquiries regarding this delegated position to the Department of Human Services, Human Resources Office.
- Duties Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide services to an entire or almost entire caseload of individuals with disabilities consisting primarily of the most difficult and complex cases in which the individuals are significantly disabled, to assist them in preparing for, securing, retaining, or regaining gainful employment.
- Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants for positions who perform, or are authorized to perform, direct counseling services as specified in the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation Services must meet the following requirements.
Applicants must possess current certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
Applicants must submit a copy of their certification at the time of application.
In addition to the above, applicant's must possess one (1) year of professional experience in one or a combination of the following:
- Vocational rehabilitation as a regularly designated responsibility;
- Vocational guidance and teaching work in a recognized vocational rehabilitation program or in a school for persons with disabilities;
- Developmental work in programs of vocational rehabilitation located in an educational institution, government, business or industry;
- Personnel placement or employment placement experience which has provided extensive knowledge of training and rehabilitation requirements necessary to place persons with disabilities in one or more broad occupational areas; and
- Vocational rehabilitation counseling experience involving the adjustment, training and placement of persons with disabilities into gainful employment.
Qualifying experience must have demonstrated the ability to provide the full range of direct service activities under general supervision. Such experience must have demonstrated the ability to independently develop training programs for persons with disabilities, to assist them in adjusting to training or work situations and demonstrated successful contacts with management for the placement of disabled persons.
- Other Information
How to apply:
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS RECRUITMENT MUST BE DOWNLOADED AT:
(PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FILE AN APPLICATION ONLINE WITH THE STATE RECRUITING OFFICE)