General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MTCCS / USARPAC Principal Info Sys Tech-Constructive / Information Systems Manager Schofield Barracks, HI
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Manages employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas.
1. Manages employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas.
2. Manages one or more functional areas of information system solutions development and technical support, including personal computer/client server support, systems programming, applications design and development, database design and administration, information security, telecommunications and network support and administration.
3. Supervises non-exempt technicians and exempt professionals, and may manage subordinate supervisors.
4. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
5. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
6. May also perform complex IT tasks.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
LVCG Branch Manager responsible for the daily management of 20 employees and the integration of Live-Virtual-Constructive-Gaming (LVCG) simulation systems; prioritize workflow and distribute tasks in accordance with customer requirements; develop work schedules for labor cost estimates; collaborate with the other departments to synchronize efforts; provide input for simulation system integration into the exercise design process; design, lead, and manage the implementation of new simulation equipment fielding and new simulation equipment training; research training and technical best practices; analyze current processes, measure effectiveness, recommend changes as required; deliver timely updates to the customer of on-going projects; ensure employee compliance with company policies.
BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
1. Advanced knowledge of both information technology and business issues.
2. Advanced knowledge and awareness of current information technology products, services, and solutions.
3. Effective management skills.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.