General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
General Dynamics is seeking a professional Systems Engineer who can perform design, maintenance and network development supporting a variety of Tactical Data Links system operations. This position will require an intermediate technical level of understanding along with the ability to interface, gather and interrupt data directly associated with network operations, with Government leadership.
Qualified candidates should possess knowledge and experienced in the following:
- The ability to provide Tactical Data Links on-site systems engineering support.
- Provide technical systems engineering support to analyze computer hardware or software problems.
- Support a Battle Staff/Crisis Action Team (CAT) during 24/7 activation support.
- Responsible for execution on desktop and laptop computers, to have Update anti-virus signatures and enable virus scanner real-time auto-protect capabilities.
- Apply all software/operating system patches required by Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO) to desktop and laptop computers.
- Install compliant and approved Virtual Private Network (VPN) software on laptops used to connect with base boundary protection systems.
- Have the ability and knowledge to perform configuration management tasks.
- Support Audio/Visual Systems. Assist with system performance, efficiency and maintenance analysis.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery. Verify successful backups, troubleshoot failures, and perform restore validation testing to ensure the ability to perform disaster recovery.
Desired Skills / Qualifications / Education
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Active Secret Clearance
- System Administration / Operating System certifications
- CompTia Security Plus Certification
- Desired two (2) years of technical experience in Cyber Security Information Assurance Management level 1 (IAM I) or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II, under current DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce
- Desired two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise operating system
- Desired one (1) year experience as a video teleconference facilitator
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.