General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
GDIT has an immediate opening for a System Administrator at Hickam AFB, Hawaii. This position will require deployment for which a government evaluation of your medical condition is required. Shift work, on call duty, and deployment to national and international locations at a minimum of 25% of the time is required.
The System Administrator provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Duties for this position include:
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques in support of F-22 IMIS.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- System backup and recovery
- Potential for approximately 50% travel. Company paid with per diem.
- Ability to lift 40lbs, for example; computer equipment
- Ability to attend and lead meetings with ranking military and contract personnel.
- Strong customer service and mission focused.
- Adequate medical health for deploying to austere locations where specialized medications or treatments may not be available.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 0-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations
- Security+ CE or higher. IA certification preferred
- Current SECRET security clearance (PR within the last 5 years) with the ability to obtain a Special Access Program clearance
- Oracle Database Administration
- Shell Scripting
- Understanding and using ZFS
- Self Motivated
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Detail oriented
- Windows System Administration desired
- UNIX/Linux operating system experience desired
- Shift work and deployment to national and international locations required
- Potential for worldwide deployment to an austere location, on short notice, for an undetermined time period
- Wearing of Mission-Oriented Protective Posture (MOPP) gear and Individual Protective Equipment (IPE—helmet, flak vest, etc.) when directed during deployments and exercises
- Work hours consisting of more than 8 hours and different shifts, both when deployed or participating in exercises
- Shall maintain medical and physical fitness sufficient to endure rigors of deployment in support of a military operation
- Shall meet training requirements equivalent to military members prior to deployments and training exercises
- Medical, Dental, Immunization, and/or Psychological assessment reference HR-PRO-700E, International Assignment - Medical Assessment, Fitness for Duty
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.