Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Full Time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Has responsibility for risk selection / rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability per divisional objectives.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Analyzes coverage and limit requests and decides what terms to offer.
- Prices business in accordance with company guidelines.
- Assesses risk quality and compliance within company guidelines and initiates appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Orders and screens miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, such as Motor Vehicle reports, loss history reports, credit checks, outside inspections, loss control, etc.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Interprets, explains and markets products and services.
- Develops relationships with agents & brokers through telephone interactions.
- Applies underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 months to 3 years of related experience. Beginning coursework toward certification in area of expertise preferred; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM).