Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Food & Beverage - Hourly
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
Even though kitchen employees may not come into direct contact with guests, their responsibilities are key to the Cafe’s success. At Hard Rock, cooks will be considered all-around culinary employees.
- Making prep recipes and menu products to spec
- Properly labeling, dating, covering and refrigerating prepped items for the line
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – setting up, stocking, and breaking down all kitchen equipment and prep, and line stations
- Maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, and line
- Practicing safety and sanitation standards
- Having a sense of urgency
- Properly reading items printed on order tickets or automated Kitchen Display System
- Assembling orders - double checking product quality and specs
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge
- Involved in handling all re-cook, special prep, long ticket, large party/voucher group procedures
- Communicating professionally with co-workers and Front-of-the-House staff
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years of cooking experience in a high volume restaurant
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere
- Pantry side, fry station, grill preferred
- Safety and sanitation procedures including food storage hierarchy
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers
- Maintaining HRC’s 5 core Values and Mission Statement
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment
Must be at least 19 years old
Must be LOCAL (on Oahu) and available for IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW
PTO: Sick and Vacation Time
Free shift meals
50% discount on food and retail
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).