Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Sales Associate
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Food & Beverage - Hourly
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
The Retail Sales Associate (RSA) is the ultimate guide through the guests’ shopping experience. Hard Rock merchandise is a unique part of our business, which requires a special person to create the experience. As an RSA, you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician (at heart).
- Greeting guests.
- Answering questions - accurately and politely.
- Answering the phone.
- Making proficient sales transactions - using a point-of-sale system.
- Handling cash and other forms of payment.
- Maintaining proper cash drawer balances.
- Directing guests to areas/restrooms.
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge.
- Determining guests’ needs - by actively engaging them in 1-on-1 conversations and informing guests of product features & benefits.
- Suggestive selling - using proven techniques (i.e., related items, higher-quality items, transitional phrases).
- Maintaining a clean and organized store.
- Maintaining proper product stock levels – through retail pulls & inventories.
- Displaying Retail product – through HRC’s visual display standards.
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – cleaning glass, polishing brass, sweeping & vacuuming the floor, folding product, etc.
- Assuring the complete satisfaction of each and every guest.
- Creating memorable experiences.
- Entertaining guests to create “Raving Fans”.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Must be at least 19 year old.
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests.
- 1+ years of customer service and cash handling experience.
- Ability to move throughout the cafe(standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription coverage
- 401K w/ Matching
- 50% discount on food and retail
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- PTO: Paid Vacation AND Sick Time
Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Part-time and Full-time postions available.
Only local (Oahu) candidates will be considered.
MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).