Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Coordinator in Kapolei, HI at Harris Rebar
at Harris Rebar
Support Field and Shop Superintendents and Managers, Branch Managers and Regional Safety Manager on implementation of field, shop and office safety programs. Responsible for conducting field, shop and office safety training, performing field and shop safety audits, investigating safety issues at job sites, ensuring compliance with IIPP and other safety initiatives, contractor’s safety programs and all applicable federal and state regulations applicable to safety.
- Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
- Support Field Superintendents and Branch Managers with all aspects of field/shop safety programs.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company safety program, contractor’s safety programs, and with all applicable federal and state regulations applicable to safety and reporting any significant safety related issues to Branch Manager and Regional Safety Manager.
- Take corrective action directly with Foreman, Superintendents, Teammates or General Contractors if a safety concern is observed or reported.
- Frequently visit project sites to audit site safety plans, prepare safety reports (at least monthly) to ensure compliance with safety requirements and to formulate safe work plans.
- Assist Superintendent and Foreman in issuing warnings and instructing on safe work practices if work procedures or company policies are not followed.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar vision and values.
- Assist in conducting and/or overseeing new hire safety training and mentoring programs.
- Assist Superintendents and Branch Managers in conducting accident, incident and injury reviews and in conducting root cause investigations, including taking photographs and witness statements.
- Assist Superintendents and Branch Managers in carrying out the goals of the Safety Program by formulating plans, procedures and objectives, and by evaluating effectiveness of the program.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- At least 2 years of construction safety & health experience plus 5 years minimum construction related experience
- Holds valid OSHA 30 training certificate.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards including CFR 1926
- Ability to obtain OSHA 510 and then 500 in first 6 months of employment required
- Two year technical degree from an accredited school or college or construction trade training and experience
- OSHA 30 required, OSHA 500 and 510 preferred
- Ability to work as a team member on projects with an aptitude for problem solving
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint an asset Effective verbal and communication skills
- Frequent and extensive travel 50-85% of the time to job sites.
- Must be able to work overtime when requiredOccasional off prime shift work required to meet with teammates on other shifts
- Typical office activities
- Under manufacturing and job site conditions, must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, climb stairs and ladders to inspect cranes and equipment as required
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending
- Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
- Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
- Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
- Moderate noise level
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
HarrisRebar - EJN