Hawaii State Judiciary
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerk IV - Honolulu, O`ahu
at Hawaii State Judiciary
Pay: up to $32664.00/year
Salary : $2,722.00 Monthly
Job Reference #: 2593494
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Clerk IV - Honolulu, O`ahu|
|Recruitment Number 19-129AN, Clerk IV, SR-10, Honolulu, O`ahu.|
|Summary of Duties:|
|Performs highly complex clerical work and/or supervises and participates in performing complex clerical work; may perform skilled typing and/or keyboarding work; and performs other duties as required.|
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
|General Clerical Experience: Two and one-half (2-1/2) years of work experience which involved performance of a variety of clerical tasks, with or without the use of a typewriter and/or computer, which demonstrated knowledge of English grammar, spelling, arithmetic, common office appliances and equipment; the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, carry out procedures in clerical work systems, speak and write simply and directly, compare words and numbers quickly and accurately; operate various kinds of office equipment.|
Non-Qualifying Experience: Experience limited to the performance of simple and repetitious clerical work which primarily involved a short cycle of tasks and manual dexterity shall not be considered qualifying. Examples of such non-qualifying work include but is not limited to such tasks as wrapping and unwrapping articles; opening envelopes, folders and similar containers; affixing tags and labels; arranging, rearranging or tidying up office desks and equipment; delivering, distributing or collecting correspondence or parcels.
Supervisory Aptitude: Applicants for Clerk IV must demonstrate possession of Supervisory Aptitude. Supervisory aptitude is the demonstration of aptitude or potential for the performance of supervisory duties through successful completion of regular or special assignments which involve some supervisory responsibilities or aspects; by serving as a group or team leader, or in similar work in which opportunities for demonstrating supervisory capabilities exist; by completion of training courses in supervision accompanied by application of supervisory skills in work assignments; or by favorable appraisals by a supervisor indicating the possession of supervisory potential.
Selective Certification Requirements:
1. Some positions require typing and/or keyboarding skills (40 net words per minute) and/or the ability to use typewriters, computers and word processing and/or other software applications.
2. Some positions require possession of a current and valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle.
1. Graduation from high school may be substituted for six (6) months of General Clerical Experience.
2. Successful completion of a substantially full-time equivalent clerical curriculum of less than a year leading to a degree or diploma at an accredited community college, business or technical school and which included courses in typing, keyboarding, basic English, arithmetic, general clerical procedures, and office machines, may be substituted for General Clerical Experience on a month-for-month basis.
3. Successful completion of a substantially full-time clerical curriculum of a year or more leading to a degree or diploma at an accredited community college, business or technical school and which included courses in typing, keyboarding, basic English, arithmetic, general clerical procedures, and office machines, will be deemed to have met the one and one-half (1-1/2) years of General Clerical Experience requirements for the Clerk III class.
4. Partial Completion of Training:
(a) Completion of a half school year of substantially full-time clerical curriculum at an accredited community college, or business and/or technical school which included courses in typing, keyboarding, basic English, arithmetic, general clerical procedures, and office machines may be substituted for six (6) months of General Clerical Experience.
(b) Completion of one (1) school year (of a program of more than 1 year in length) of substantially full-time clerical curriculum at an accredited community college or business and/or technical school which included courses in typing, keyboarding, basic English, arithmetic, general clerical procedures, and office machines, will be deemed to have met the experience requirements for the Clerk III class.
5. Education at an accredited university in a baccalaureate program with courses in English composition and college mathematics may be substituted for the General Clerical Experience on the basis of 15 semester hours for six (6) months of experience, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
| Supplemental Information:|
|The following information may be submitted as an attachment to your online application, by email at Recruitment@courts.hawaii.gov, or delivered to: Hawai`i State Judiciary, Human Resources Department, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813.|
Education: If you are using education as a substitute for experience, you must submit a copy of your official transcripts or diploma at the time of application. If you are selected, you will need an official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of the training or the awarding of the appropriate degree.