Hawaii State Judiciary
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Court Documents Clerk I - Honolulu, O`ahu
at Hawaii State Judiciary
Pay: up to $39720.00/year
Salary : $3,310.00 Monthly
Job Reference #: 2498036
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Court Documents Clerk I - Honolulu, O`ahu|
|Recruitment Number 19-080TY, Court Documents Clerk I, SR-15, Honolulu, O`ahu.|
|Summary of Duties:|
|Receives and reviews papers and documents for entry as court records which require substantive examination of a limited degree; checks papers and documents for compliance with pertinent statutes and rules and regulations governing the filing of legal documents; dockets cases and documents according to appropriate case categories; renders information and assistance to practicing attorneys in matters pertaining to filing procedures and use of forms; sets hearing dates by statutory publication; and performs other duties as required.|
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
|Specialized Experience: Three (3) years of responsible work experience in the preparation and/or processing of legal papers and documents used in court proceedings (at least two (2) years of the Specialized Experience must have been comparable to the Judicial Clerk II level or higher).|
The experience must have given the applicant the knowledge of the nature and purpose of legal papers and documents being handled, determining whether all the required information is present in acceptable form, securing any required information to be present, and determining if any processing (correction) is necessary.
General Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible clerical work experience which demonstrated the ability to read, and comprehend and apply written directions.
Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Excess experience of the type described above or work experience requiring the ability to read and comprehend and apply written directions or a high degree of verbal skills may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Substitution of Education for General Experience:
1. Successful completion of a one-year clerical or business curriculum leading to a diploma, certificate or other comparable degree from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
2. Successful completion of a two-year clerical or business curriculum leading to a diploma, certificate or other comparable degree from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for two (2) years of the General Experience.
3. Study at an accredited college or university may be substituted on the basis of one (1) academic year of study for one (1) year of General Experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
1. Successful completion of a Legal Stenographer or Legal Secretary curriculum from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for one (1) year of the Specialized Experience.
2. Study at an accredited university or college in a paralegal program may be substituted for Specialized Experience on a year-for-year basis, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
3. Successful study at an accredited school of law may be substituted for Specialized Experience on a year-for-year basis, up to a maximum of three (3) years.
| Supplemental Information:|
|The following information may be attached to your online application, submitted by mail or hand-delivered to: Hawai`i State Judiciary, Human Resources Department, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813. You may also email a copy to Recruitment@courts.hawaii.gov.|
Education: If substituting education for experience, applicants must submit a legible copy of the appropriate training (e.g., official transcript or certificate) in order to be given credit for education. Transcripts obtained from and/or submitted through the internet will not be accepted.