Hawaii State Judiciary
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Specialist V - Honolulu, O`ahu
at Hawaii State Judiciary
Pay: up to $59616.00/year
Salary : $4,968.00 Monthly
Job Reference #: 2570663
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Information Technology Specialist V - Honolulu, O`ahu|
|Recruitment Number 19-117TY, Information Technology Specialist V, SR-24, Honolulu, O`ahu.|
Note: This recruitment will be used to fill temporary, full-time positions.
|Summary of Duties:|
|Serves as a senior specialist or team leader performing highly complex work of a technical nature in providing information technology (IT) services; and performs other duties as required.|
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
|Education Requirement: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.|
Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, analytical, technical, or other responsible work which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four (4) years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted on a year-for-year basis. To be acceptable, the experience must have been of such scope, level, and quality as to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills and abilities.
The education or experience background must also demonstrate the ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other documents; read and interpret complex written material; and solve complex problems logically and systematically.
Specialized Experience Requirement: Three and one-half (3½) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
At least one (1) year of the required specialized experience must have been at the fully-competent level comparable to the Information Technology Specialist III level in state/county government.
Supervisory Aptitude: Supervisory aptitude rather than actual supervisory experience may be accepted. Supervisory aptitude is the demonstration of aptitude or potential for the performance of supervisory duties through successful completion of regular or special assignments which involve some supervisory responsibilities or aspects; by serving as a group or team leader, or in similar work in which opportunities for demonstrating supervisory capabilities exist; by completion of training courses in supervision accompanied by application of supervisory skills in work assignments; or by favorable appraisals by a supervisor indicating the possession of supervisory potential.
1) Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or in another major which included completion of course work comparable to a major in computer science may be substituted for six (6) months of the required Specialized Experience.
2) Partial completion of a master's degree program in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a month-for-month basis up to a maximum of one (1) year for the required Specialized Experience.
3) Possession of a master's degree in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one and one-half (1½) years of the required Specialized Experience.
4) Possession of a Ph.D. in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two and one-half (2½) years of the required Specialized Experience.
5) Excess staff specialist, supervisory and/or administrative experience of the types and quality described above may be substituted for Specialized Experience on a year-for-year basis.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Transcripts: You must submit at least a copy of your official transcripts at the time of application. If you are selected, we will need an original official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of any required coursework and the awarding of the appropriate degree(s). You may attach, mail, or hand-deliver your documents to the Hawai`i State Judiciary, Human Resources, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813-2902.|