Hawaii State Judiciary
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Services Manager (Juvenile Client Services) - Kapolei, O`ahu
at Hawaii State Judiciary
Pay: up to $90396.00/year
Salary : $7,533.00 Monthly
Job Reference #: 2528320
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Social Services Manager (Juvenile Client Services) - Kapolei, O`ahu|
|Recruitment Number 19-098TY, Social Services Manager (Juvenile Client Services), EM-05, Kapolei, O`ahu.|
|Summary of Duties:|
|Plans, directs, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Juvenile Client Services Branch. The position may also assume the administrative direction of the Client Services Division in the absence of the Deputy Chief Court Administrator.|
|Minimum Qualification Requirements:|
|Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in such courses as psychology, sociology, social welfare, social work or other related social science.|
Specialized Experience Requirement: Four and one-half (4½) years of responsible work experience in a program of direct social welfare which has required the application of a knowledge of social work methods and techniques in carrying out the responsibilities for providing social welfare services.
The following types of experience are not considered qualifying social work experience:
(1) Experience providing supportive services to professional social workers, vocational rehabilitation specialists, public housing managers, or other professional workers in such programs as public welfare, family court, etc.;
(2) experience determining the eligibility of applicants/recipients for benefits under a public welfare program such as medical assistance, food stamps and other benefits;
(3) experience providing vocational, educational, psychological, or pastoral counseling;
(4) experience providing occupational or physical therapeutic services;
(5) peace corps or VISTA work experience which did not require the application of professional knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and/or was not performed under competent professional supervision;
(6) experience relocating clients who are displaced as a result of urban renewal or other similar reasons; and,
(7) trainee level type social work experience will not be considered qualifying unless work is performed under competent professional social work supervision.
Supervisory Experience Requirement: One (1) year of experience in supervising others in social work. Such experience must have included:
(1) planning and directing the work of others;
(2) assigning and reviewing their work;
(3) advising them on difficult and complex program areas; and,
(4) timing and scheduling their work.
Administrative Experience*: Experience which involved active participation in a major responsibility for the development, management, execution, and coordination of policies, programs and/or activities.
*Administrative aptitude rather than actual administrative experience may be accepted. Administrative aptitude will be considered to have been met for this level when there is strong affirmative evidence of the necessary administrative aptitudes and abilities. Such evidence may be in the form of success in regular or special assignments or projects which involve administrative problems (e.g., in planning, organizing, promoting and directing a program providing staff advice and assistance); interest in management demonstrated by the performance of work assignments in a manner which clearly indicates awareness of problems and the ability to solve them; completion of educational or training courses in the areas of management accompanied by the application of principles, which were learned, to work assignments; managements observation and evaluation of the applicant's leadership and managerial capabilities; success in trial assignments to managerial and/or administrative tasks.
1. Satisfactory completion of a four year course leading to a bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited college or university may be substituted for six (6) months of Specialized Experience.
2. Satisfactory completion of a course of study in an accredited school of social work leading to a master's degree in social work may be substituted for one and one-half (1½) years of Specialized Experience.
3. Satisfactory completion of a course of study in an accredited school of social work leading to a Ph.D. degree in social work with emphasis in general welfare may be substituted for two and one-half (2½) years of Specialized Experience.
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Requirement (28 CFR 115.117 and 115.317): The position that you are applying for has contact with detainees in a juvenile facility or lockup. In accordance with the Federal PREA Law, the State of Hawai'i shall not hire or promote anyone who may have contact with residents/detainees in a juvenile facility or lockup who:
a. Has engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility or other institution;
b. Has been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or
c. Has been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in b above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Transcripts: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts at the time of application. If you are selected, we will need an original official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of any required course work and the awarding of the appropriate degree(s). You may mail or walk-in your documents to the Hawai`i State Judiciary, Human Resources Department, 426 Queen Street, 1st Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.|