Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analyst, IT - Corporate Functions, Revenue Accounting
at Hawaiian Airlines
Analyst, IT - Corporate Functions, Revenue Accounting
We’re launching new routes. Adding new aircraft. Working together to create our future. We’re looking for innovative, energized, and motivated people who love Hawai‘i and live the aloha spirit to help take one of Hawaii’s most respected companies to new heights. Come join us right here in Honolulu and be a part of the Hawaiian Airlines `Ohana.
As a member of the Corporate Functions, Revenue Accounting IT Team, you play a key role in partnering closely with other IT Analysts and Developers to complete root-cause analysis, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement big projects that touch everyone from our Honolulu-based staff to our flight crews crossing the Pacific every day.
- Ability to translate technical and architectural complexities of a technical solution so that project stakeholders can easily understand
- Support the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Provide timely and accurate progress information to project status reports
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Authority to recommend changes to processes and procedures
- Work with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs
- Ensure system specifications meet the business unit expectations/requirements, and negotiate solutions
- Ensure the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards
- Ensure that technology solutions adhere to quality standards
- Participate in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products
- Document and create test cases and to execute and verify those test cases as part of the overall functional testing of Information Technology products
- Contribute to test planning and participate in the activities to develop and execute tests to validate system functionality against specifications
- Take lead role in the testing of small to medium sized products
- Ensure that systems software is thoroughly tested
- Ensure common application of standards and consistency of implementation in accordance with COMPANY standards and practices
- Develop cost/benefit analysis for business solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 2 years’ work experience in Information Technology or business environment
- Completes tasks with minimal direction
- Interpret data, analyze results, and report findings
- Develop and implement data collection systems & other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter, “clean” data, & review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate & correct problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Understands financial management process for accurate time reporting and uses corporate assets in a responsible manner
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known
- Interacts with business reps and other partners/vendors, to ensure that requirements are accepted and well-known
- Understands the source and use of key data and prepares analysis reports to enable design decisions
- Correctly plans/manage individual work
- Promotes and participates in creating a positive, team-oriented work environment
- Willingly accepts personal feedback to improve individual performance
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
- Understands complete SDLC and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases
- Demonstrate solid business knowledge of the COMPANY INDUSTRY
- Proficient SQL knowledge or similar language used to query and analyze data
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Strong technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Demonstrates proficient writing and documentation skills
- Possesses advanced analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Displays proficient interviewing and facilitation skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- 3+ years work experience in Information Technology or business environment
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, ReadyAPI, PowerShell
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.