Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DevOps Engineer, IT - Engineering
at Hawaiian Airlines
DevOps Engineer, IT - Engineering
Our DevOps Engineers are the developers who build the tooling and processes to help other developers.
A strong, well tested & reliable platform helps developers focus on business needs. Easy to use systems with self-service, automated or well documented interfaces help developers rapidly become and stay productive.
A collaborative method of building the tooling ensures the solutions are always current and map well to developer and application needs.
- Strive to improve both developer and operations productivity: scripting what can be scripted, documenting what should be documented, and working collaboratively with all groups to help them get running on high quality platforms
- Provide guidance to other teams regarding DevOps best practices
- Actively research new automation and management technology and bring it to bear for Hawaiian Airlines
- Act as the subject matter experts on core platform and tooling, with senior engineers setting the long-term roadmaps and leading teams to constantly add to and improve the platform
- Focus on internal and external customer requirements
- Document and communicate assigned work and progress to immediate project team, and management
- Communicate problems or issues in a timely manner
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Analyze and resolve problems of normal complexity
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution
- Comply with project management methodology requirements as appropriate
- Assist less senior Developers when performing system and acceptance testing
- Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity
- Responsible for immediate response to production program problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 2+ years work experience in Information Technology or business environment
- Strong written and verbal skills as much of the work will be in highly collaborative environments
- Hands on, professional experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient knowledge of scripting or programming languages
- Professional experience deploying to and maintaining apps in one of the big three cloud providers (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience creating and maintaining infrastructure using configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, puppet, Salt, Chef, etc.)
- Professional experience with IaC tooling (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formations, Azure templates, etc.)
- Experience with Web technologies and the infrastructure needed to support web applications (e.g. reverse proxies, application load balancers, CDNs, networks, layer7 firewalls, TLS certs, web servers, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and related container management systems (e.g. Swarm / Kubernetes)
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience with secrets management and how to appropriately segregate build, environment and run time parameters and feed them into applications with the appropriate tooling
- Desire and ability to keep up to date on latest automation, testing and monitoring technologies and bring them to true production readiness for our stack
- Knowledge of various DBMS technologies -- both sql and nosql -- with the ability to write and understand basic queries
- Experience with monitoring, managing & troubleshooting distributed systems such as those found in a micro service architecture
- Is knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle process and actively participates in it
- Does not require daily oversight to perform coding/design/testing duties
- Proficient knowledge of software development practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience
- Ability, within a specific technology area to independently complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement medium size development projects or major components of large projects
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
- Understands the core business processes involved in their area of expertise
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.