Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Functional Analyst, HawaiianMiles
at Hawaiian Airlines
Functional Analyst, HawaiianMiles
This role will be the key liaison to provide insight for all areas of Commercial regarding the HM Database refresh and ongoing management of the system. This person will manage projects involving HMDB and provide solutions to undefined situations and take a structured approach to problem solving.
- Key liaison for HMDB refresh project, including assessment of current database, future database requirements and working with business process owners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to map functional processes
- Work with business partners to develop business requirements for initiatives impacting the HawaiianMiles program and the HawaiianMiles database (HMDB). Projects include operational business enhancements and new product/program launches
- Analyze, develop and facilitate the documentation of business and technical requirements impacting HMDB and translate into specifications and functional designs through build, testing and deployment; and oversee project through implementation
- Ongoing ownership and maintenance of database, tables & UI tools/functions
- Assess and identify potential cross-application impacts for proactive plans around integration
- Work with IT on all matters related to HawaiianMiles (the program) and the HawaiianMiles database (HMDB), including data quality, database functionality, and database performance. Prioritize efforts to be launched in each HMDB release. Identify problems/issues and provide recommended solutions.
- Act as subject matter expert on all IT-based tools supporting HawaiianMiles (e.g. HM Admin tool, etc.), from a user standpoint.
- Work with business units to develop test traceability; ensure clarity with the business, project team and QA
- Work with QA and impacted departments to design test suites that ensure that requirements are correctly implemented and that applicable user acceptance testing is performed
- Lead functional departments through the documentation and gap analysis of “as is” and “to be” business processes
- Facilitate the development of end user training materials and the adoption of new business processes
- HM representative to Corporate Audit as needed & related to the HMDB, tables, tools & UI functionality
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience working as a database SME or in a related role
- Experience in producing business requirements
- Strong initiative, excellent communication skills and willingness to be a change agent and champion
- Working knowledge of project management principles and methodology
- Working knowledge of managing complex integrated applications
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and within departments at all levels of the organization to include development of presentation materials
- ???Advanced level of competency with office productivity tools such as MS Office and process mapping tools such as Visio
- Experience working in the airline industry with strong knowledge of airline technologies and processes
- Direct experience producing requirements for major system upgrades or new implementations in an ops-critical environment
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.