Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Supply Operations - Hawaii
at Hawaiian Airlines
Manager, Supply Operations - Hawaii
Supply Chain Management
- Responsible for the successful operation of multiple Supply locations on a 24/7 basis, including meeting all required service levels to Maintenance and other internal customers
- Provide operational guidance to staff and ensure training and compliance with policies and procedures related to processes, safety, security, and regulatory requirements (e.g. FAA, DOT, IATA, Federal, State and local)
- Work with internal and outsourced maintenance employees to hold them accountable to perform material control responsibilities properly
- Actively identify operational challenges and initiate, monitor, report on corrective actions to ensure performance meets or exceeds objectives
- Establish and maintain detailed working knowledge of all business systems applicable to the operation of airline warehouse functions
- Promote and execute continuous improvement in the Supply function. Working knowledge of Kaizen, 5S, Lean thinking and 6-Sigma practices are essential. Lead the department in the development and implementation of Kaizen, Lean, and 6Sigma and other quality driven management programs
- Lead and manage contract and non-contract employees. Develop and maintain staff work schedules to ensure optimal support for the airline. Manage people and assets in a manner that balances operational effectiveness with cost efficiency
- Ensure accurate records are maintained in accordance with policy and appropriate regulations
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering, Material Planning, and Purchasing, etc. to develop short and long term plans to satisfy material needs
- Identify data and systems requirements to support ongoing and future operation of warehousing and distribution. Develop and maintain the Supply Operations policies and procedures
- Prepare capital and operational budgets, and control expenditures to stay within budget; schedule and optimize shift coverage
- Collaborate with Inventory Control, Inspection, and Purchasing to expedite receipt and distribution of critical items
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or applicable field and 3 years of supply-related experience OR 7 years of supply or warehousing related experience
- Strong process analysis and improvement skills
- Experience managing a team; ability to lead and motivate
- Understanding and experience with internal controls required for operational and regulatory purposes
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, and able to meet deadlines in an environment of constantly changing priorities and data
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other business/ERP/MRP systems
- Supply experience in the commercial airline industry
- Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement certification
- Managerial experience with contract and non-contract direct reports
- Experience and certification with Dangerous Goods material handling and shipping
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.