Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, System Safety & Data Assurance
at Hawaiian Airlines
Manager, System Safety & Data Assurance
Safety, Security & Quality Assurance
The position supports the Director, Safety Programs & Analytics in the administration of HA’s Safety/Security/Quality Assurance (SSEQ) database. Responsible for the implementing SMS standards to the database and operational departments’ SMS programs. Responsible for performing periodic evaluation of the standards and their application within the SSEQ database and operational departments SMS programs.
- Provide oversight of the airlines SSEQ database to ensure processes and tasks performed within the database are in compliance with Hawaiian’s Safety Management System Manual (SMSM)
- Perform critical functions to include the development and application of taxonomy, change management and Data analysis within the safety programs database
- Establish and administer that SSEQ database steering committee by developing system standards and workflows in compliance with Hawaiians Safety Management System (SMS)
- Develop advanced models, tools and templates to drive the safety planning, and development processes
- Evaluate accuracy of data, reporting, and forecasting outputs and perform adjustment to maximize commercial impact
- Interface with the Operations SMS managers, IT, and other operational departments to document and ensure system and analysis expectations are being met
- Perform periodic evaluations of operational departments’ SMS programs to ensure compliance with Hawaiian’s SMSM
- Support the airline's corporate safety department with evaluations and conformance with IOSA (Int Operational Safety Audits) [SMS] requirements
- Oversee the investigations for company mishaps, incidents, and accidents and support the Primary Investigator for aircraft mishaps and accidents
- Participate in InfoShare Conferences to meet 14CFR §13.401 (FOQA) requirements. In coordination with other Safety Departments, use available databases to identify areas where enhanced equipment, training or procedures are required
- Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA)
- Prepares flight operations trending analysis charts and reports. Compiles and presents FOQA data summaries to enhance training, maintenance, flight operations
- Performs specialized studies and fulfills special data requests
- Assists in the creation of safety and FOQA department publications
- Coordinates and validates aircraft specific event definitions. Maintains and identifies new FOQA events, and manages documentation supporting these functions
- Safety Database & Analysis Administrator
- Oversees the safety database technical support team for all changes and additions to the program
- Primary point of contact for submission form revisions
- Point of contact for departmental SMS analysts with regards to safety database program assistance
- Interfaces with the HR department to maintain updated employee access through a weekly employee upload and the IT department for the safety database program web access and the hourly flight schedule upload
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience
- Three years aviation safety experience with a 14CFR Part 121 carrier or relevant operational safety management experience, such as 14CFR Part 135 or military
- Working knowledge in Aviation Safety Programs including SMS, AQP, ASAP, FOQA, ASIAS, and LOSA
- Have a thorough understanding of relevant CFRs and applicable company manuals
- Extensive statistical methods experience
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat software and Tableau (or similar software)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport SIDA credential
- Must be able to travel to both domestic and international locations; passport required
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis, data modeling, developing reports relational database experience SQL, SAS, Unix programming experience preferred
- 5+ years of SMS or Safety Analytics experience preferred
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.