Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Specialist, IT - End User Services
at Hawaiian Airlines
Operations Specialist, IT - End User Services
The Operations family houses all the specialists that monitor, change, support, and handle day-to-day activities required to Run the existing IT systems within the company. This family is exclusive to the Run world.
***As part of a 24x7 operation, this position will primarily support the following shift: 3:30PM HST – 12:30AM HST***
- Analyze, design and program viable solutions for medium complexity technology problems related to end point devices (client workstations/laptops, peripherals, airport kiosks, gate readers, etc.) and support activities
- Analyze and resolve operational and production problems of medium complexity, including MS office OS, MS office client applications, Kiosk hardware, and client peripherals
- Provide remote and hands on troubleshooting steps with customer
- researching and recommending alternative actions for problem resolution and taking timely action
- Proactively monitor system performance and recommend operational improvements through an understanding of operating processes used for systems and an understanding of how technology works together
- Identify process or system enhancements for business customers
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies
- Work with engineering teams in support of solutions that utilize enterprise monitoring/logging, are “self-healing” and require minimal to zero maintenance
- Validate and/or test systems monitoring & logging required as acceptance into Operations and participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for Information Security
- Document and communicate assigned work, progress and issues to immediate project team, and management
- Provide timely and accurate progress information to project reports, incidents, problems and request tickets.
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Maintain focus on internal and external customer needs
- Ensure clear and concise communication between the business facing IT organizations and Systems Operations groups Develop cost analysis estimates
- Maintain and recommend improvements to client management software and hardware
- Adhere to and ensure process documents and runbooks are followed and up to date
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 3 years’ work experience in MS windows client management
- 3 years’ work experience in client end applications, client hardware including peripherals and Windows troubleshooting and problem solving
- Proficient in the required desktop technologies such as Windows, MS office, SCCM, MDM
- Ability, within a specific technology area, to independently complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement medium size development projects or major components of large projects
- Basic knowledge technical/business environment
- Understanding of the core business processes involved in IT systems
- Ability to work effectively and inclusively in a strong customer service/team-oriented environment, treating all team members with respect and helping to create a positive and continuously improving work environment
- Ability to manage projects using the organization’s project management methodology and lead small-to-medium projects of low-to-moderate risk and low-to-moderate complexity
- Complete tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to review the technical work of less senior technical members
- Good analytical oral communication and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays to support a 24x7 operation or on days-off for shift coverage
- May be required to respond to high priority issues or events outside of normal shifts or days-off
- Experienced with multiple areas of systems and computer operations
- Proficient knowledge of infrastructure, monitoring and Help Desk operations
- Proficient knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience
- Proficient knowledge of technical/business environment
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills to gather business customer requirements and communicate effectively with technology development and support groups
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.