Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst, IT - Corporate Functions, Human Resources
at Hawaiian Airlines
Senior Analyst, IT - Corporate Functions, Human Resources
We’re launching new routes. Adding new aircraft. Working together to create our future. We’re looking for innovative, energized, and motivated people who love Hawai‘i and live the aloha spirit to help take one of Hawaii’s most respected companies to new heights. Come join us right here in Honolulu and be a part of the Hawaiian Airlines ‘ohana.
As a member of the IT Corporate Functions team, you play a key role in partnering closely with the Human Resources team, other Analysts and Developers to complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement big projects that touch everyone from our Honolulu-based staff to our flight crews crossing the Pacific every day.
This position is heavily focused on systems supporting the Human Resources department with focus on integrations and all things related to IT.
- Maintain existing requirements and interact with business representatives and other partners/vendors to ensure requirements and needs are accepted and well-known
- Gather requirements and documents these requirements for use within project life cycle
- Ensure that requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards
- Ensure system specifications meet the business unit expectations/requirements and negotiate solutions
- Continuously improve requirements processes to ensure the best possible deliverable outcome
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Understand the source and use of key data and review data to locate and correct problems
- Acquire data from primary/secondary data sources and maintain databases
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Create documentation and review own documentation to ensure supportability of analyses
- Provide business-specific context, information, analysis and recommendations on proposed changes on medium to large projects
- Plan and conduct 3rd party software analysis for inclusion in project solutions
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Enable operations groups to successfully accept changes in systems by ensuring key stakeholders are informed and understand the implications of changes
- Support the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support
- Promote and participate in creating a positive, team-oriented work environment
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Ensure technology solutions adhere to quality standards in accordance with company standards and practices
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and procedures for testing is established as per standards defined by the organization
- Participate in the creation of use cases and user expected results to ensure software is delivered to end users with zero Sev1/Sev2 defects
- Assist in the preparation of end-user training materials
- Provide leadership and coaching for team and audit reports submitted by associate analysts and analysts to provide feedback
- Develop cost/benefit analysis for business solutions
- Assist in the management of project financials, ensuring projects are delivered within plan or that variances are identified and communicated to decision-makers on a timely basis for appropriate decision-making, as required
- Understand financial management process for accurate time reporting and use corporate assets responsibly
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 5 years of work experience in Information Technology
- Proficient knowledge of Human Resources systems and business processes
- Expert knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Expert technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Advanced knowledge of SQL or similar toolset
- Understanding of complete SDLC and how to apply relevant portions of feasibility, requirements, and analysis phases
- Advanced knowledge of the airline industry and core processes in his/her support area
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
- Expert analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to analyze a component or components of a process to optimize system functionality
- Advanced writing, documentation, interviewing and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to translate technical and architectural complexities of a technical solution so that project stakeholders can easily understand
- Ability to complete tasks independently/interdependently
- Ability to correctly plan and manage individual work assignments
- Willingly accepts personal feedback to improve individual performance
- 6+ years of work experience in Information Technology
- 5 years’ work experience in a Human Resources business environment
- Experience with Ultimate Software's Ultipro and UTA products or other enterprise HRIS systems
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, ReadyAPI or PowerShell
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.