Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics
at Hawaiian Airlines
Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics
This role will assist with managing and leveraging operational data to better understand, predict, forecast and improve operations and aircraft performance. The role will use data to provide broad analytical support across the Ops organization and to deliver business insights and actionable recommendations for Executive decision-making and implementation. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the analysis of aircraft maintenance costs and building advanced financial models to understand current and future costs.
- Identify key variables affecting both operational performance and aircraft maintenance costs, working with business owners and IT to ensure that processes and systems are in place to satisfy operational data requirements
- Assist with vetting and cleaning collected data, ensuring data is both valid and consistent across sources
- Use advanced business intelligence and quantitative tools and techniques to proactively identify trends and patterns using the data captured
- Create models and conduct simulations of past and/or planned changes to operations as well as aircraft maintenance costs aimed at identifying and explaining key business drivers and improvement opportunities
- Develop and test hypotheses to help identify root causes of adverse operational and aircraft maintenance trends
- Collaborate with IT to create, manage, enhance and streamline report processes, including self-service dashboards, critical for monitoring and improving operational performance as well as aircraft maintenance costs
- Present findings periodically in format suitable for executive decision-making
- Collaborate with all Operations and Maintenance groups and Continuous Improvement resources supporting each group to share data, findings and insights and to brainstorm corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5 years’ experience in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Working knowledge of SQL and VBA
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create technical reports and impactful presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics or equivalent discipline
- 5+ Years’ experience in airlines, aviation or operations research
- Experience in statistical analysis application(s)
- Experience in business intelligence and data visualization tool(s)
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.