Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Analyst - Project Management Office
at Hawaiian Airlines
Senior Business Analyst - Project Management Office
Senior Business Analysts are individuals who perform business analysis at the enterprise level. They readily see the overall business picture and deal with undefined situations holistically. Typical project assignments involve a high degree of complexity. They perform their role with little oversight and takes a structured approach to analysis and problem solving. At this level the analyst relies on their experience and training to form innovative ideas and provides practical recommendations to complex situations. This role is key to helping the enterprise deploy products and solutions in a precise and cost-effective manner.
- Work with all levels of the organization to capture project goals, objectives, and the associated requirements. Projects are medium to highly complex in nature and may contain multiple stakeholder groups or work stream
- Identify project stakeholders and user groups. Document user characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user group and negotiate their responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, context diagrams, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Write simple, concise, organized, and unambiguous requirements specifications using standard process, template, and natural language that may be understood by stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional, non-functional, transitional, or solution requirements. Information is specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements
- Specify quality attributes, external interfaces, and constraints
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as visual analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or simulations, where appropriate
- Lead and perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Lead and perform requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives
- Lead and facilitate requirements prioritization. Identify conflicts and areas of potential misinterpretation
- Lead peer reviews and inspections of project deliverables or specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Create and maintain requirements traceability. Track requirements status throughout the project. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools
- Create opportunities for other Analysts to shadow and learn skills core to the role
- Present lessons or BA best practice hints core to the BA discipline
- Work closely with manager to foster development within the Business Analyst team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 years’ experience in a business analyst role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey information to all levels of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills to create and maintain a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated competency in requirements development, elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, management and the ability to apply proper techniques.
- Strong background in project management concepts and how enterprise solutions /products are positioned and developed.
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook
- Novice skill in Microsoft SharePoint
- Advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of professional experience in business analyst role
- Experience in enterprise project management setting which required use of business analysis skills
- Experience with project management life cycle (PMLC) and software development life cycles (SDLC) in a team environment.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience
- Novice to intermediate skill in use of Microsoft Online including PowerPoint, SharePoint, or Access
- Airline or related industry experience
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) CBAP Certification or Project Management Institute (PMI) PBA Certification
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.