Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Platform Engineer, IT - Station Support
at Hawaiian Airlines
Senior Platform Engineer, IT - Station Support
Airports are challenging environments: they are constantly under change, they are heavily regulated yet they each have unique rules for conducting business, and they are geographically all over the world. Yet we seek to provide consistent and pleasant experiences for our guests and efficient operations for our business. Doing so requires creativity and constant adjustment.
Our IT Airport Engineers navigate through the complexities and deliver solid IT solutions to our business.
Our IT Airport Engineers specialize in the IT systems that directly support airport operations: Lobbies, maintenance facilities, baggage handling, crew lounges and operations centers. They select & design the new systems, plan for their rollout, and work with our operations teams to ensure these systems are well maintained.
- Provide secure, robust, performant, and cost-effective IT platforms for our airports, hangars and remote stations
- Provide consulting & guidance on platform components and tooling to other teams
- Actively research new technology and, when beneficial, bring it to production for Hawaiian Airlines
- Act as the subject matter experts on the IT components in our stations, setting the long-term roadmaps and leading teams to improve those technologies
- Improve operations by providing our ops teams with appropriate automations and tooling for maintaining the IT components
- Oversee change to our technology base ensuring appropriate documentation, testing, and work instructions are in place
- Provide top level support for situations where operations staff and vendors are unable to resolve issues
- Work with facilities and our Airport Operations groups to design and build new stations, or for renovations to existing facilities
- Incorporate architectural guidelines, business needs, cost and technology considerations when designing new platform components
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s)
- Analyze, design, program viable solutions for high complexity business problems
- Lead teams to complete projects or accomplish business objectives within the engineer’s subject area
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Provide leadership and coaching for other engineers
- Periodically review the work of other engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of professional work experience and/or education
- 5 years' work experience in Information Technology or related fields
- Strong written and verbal skills as much of the work will be in highly collaborative environments. A friendly persona and good teamwork are a must
- Basic knowledge of scripting or programming languages
- Basic familiarity with networking technology: route/switch, cabling, tcp/ip, subnetting, etc.
- Working knowledge of the windows ecosystem: Active Directory, software distribution, windows server & desktop
- Basic knowledge of one or more DBMS technologies with the ability to write and understand basic queries
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, physical schematics, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Good mechanical aptitude as there will be many times the engineer must devise custom solutions for enclosures, cable routing, mounting brackets, etc.
- Experience documenting infrastructure designs
- Experience patching, securing and maintaining hardware and operating systems
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting systems for visibility to infrastructure health and performance
- Desire and ability to keep up to date on latest automation, testing and monitoring technologies and bring them to true production readiness for our stack
- Ability to create knowledge documents for use in training operations personnel
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to review technical work of others/coach
- Must be flexible and available to work outside of normal business hours when needed
- B.S., Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Airline or related industry experience
- Any of the following:
- Facilities construction or related experience
- Manufacturing line automation
- Barcoding & RFID and related technologies
- Proficiency in scripting / systems automation
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.