Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager, IT - Commercial
at Hawaiian Airlines
Senior Project Manager, IT - Commercial
The Senior Project Manager supporting the Commercial IT group will be responsible for delivery of key projects within the organization. This individual will have a proven track record in delivering highly technical projects involving software development and database transformations and analytics by working collaboratively across IT, the commercial groups within the company, other airline partners and with the PMO.
The Program/Project Management (PPM) job family has breadth and depth of understanding IT and multiple business units and is responsible for the creation of program/project deliverables on time and within budget. The PPM job family directs and coordinates team members including sub-project managers, business/technology resources, user groups, internal/external consultants, contractors, vendors, external regulatory organizations, and has end to end accountability for the successful completion of the program/project.
- Solid stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the senior executive level
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching, and professional development for project teams to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
- Establish and maintain project plans across multiple projects
- Authority to approve selection of project/program team members
- Plan, prepare, and maintain project schedules, by combining estimated activity durations and risks, to meet standards
- Display expert team leadership capability and handles conflict resolution professionally
- Demonstrates courage and self-confidence in dealing with project issues and in escalating required project/program issues
- Ensure end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Rigorously manage project(s) scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Authority to manage project budget up to value of the approved funding (typically up to $10MM)
- Use proper planning and monitoring techniques to control project or program costs
- Manage differences in scope, schedule, and cost priorities between projects, various stakeholder groups and project teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 7 years of experience in IT project and program management, including managing large-scale IT projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Proven experience working with remote teams
- Experience with both traditional waterfall software development processes and Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Ability to deal with complex business or technical issues while maintaining an overall project perspective
- Be knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle process and manage it
- Participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution
- Does not require daily oversight to perform duties
- Understands all project management activities involved in the project
- Creates sufficient supporting documentation to ensure the success of the project
- Interacts with business representatives and other business partners, including vendors, to ensure that the project is positioned for success
- Identify project drivers, and constraints
- Accurately plans and manages their individual work assignments
- Create and own the plan consisting of staffing, budgets, roles and responsibilities, assumptions, dates, deliverables, metrics and reporting
- Manage project risks
- Estimate the work based on effort, not calendar time
- Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body of Knowledge)
- Expert knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills
- Expert change leadership and management skills
- Expert risk management skills
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability
- 8+ years of experience in IT project and program management, including managing large-scale IT projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
- 3+ years of experience in airline systems including PSS and/or GDS integrations
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.