Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer Engineer, IT - Corporate Functions
at Hawaiian Airlines
Software Developer Engineer, IT - Corporate Functions
Come join our team as a ServiceNow Developer. The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for the administration, development, documentation and technical support of the ServiceNow platform.
You’ll partner closely with analysts and other developers to complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and deploy solutions.
We are looking for a creative, critical, innovative thinker, who takes initiative and is driven to help reduce costs, improve systems, and embraces a culture of teamwork and fun.
- Write, configure and develop software and code-driven solutions for medium complexity business problems according to user specifications
- Decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Build solutions that utilize the enterprise monitoring/logging frameworks
- Participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution
- Analyze and resolve operational and production problems of medium complexity, including researching and recommending alternative actions for problem resolution and taking timely action
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s) across multiple business customers
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and process or system enhancements for business customers
- Assist less senior Developers when performing system and acceptance testing
- Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity
- Document and communicate assigned work and progress to immediate project team, and management in a timely manner
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Maintain focus on internal and external customer requirements
- Serve as a communications liaison between the business customer and the technology development and support groups
- Interact with business customers to define, analyze, and deliver customer requirements
- Develop cost analysis estimates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 2+ years work experience in Information Technology or business environment
- Proficient knowledge of software development practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle process and prior experience actively participating in it
- Strong knowledge of ITIL methodologies and ITSM concepts
- Proficient knowledge of Java Scripting, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, networks, protocols, email, AD, SSO, web services integrations
- Ability, within a specific technology area to independently complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement medium size development projects or major components of large projects that carry a moderate risk to the organization
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to gather business customer requirements and communicate effectively with technology development and support groups
- Ability to complete tasks with a moderate amount of direction
- Ability to work effectively in a strong customer service/team-oriented environment
- Ability to review the technical work of less senior Developers
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
- Proficient technical knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Proficient technical knowledge of the ITSM, Service Portal, Asset Management, Discovery, and Demand modules in ServiceNow; Implementing ServiceNow integrations; ServiceNow Administrator Certification
- Implementing RESTful APIs using MuleSoft
- ITIL certification
- Understanding of the core business processes involved in their area of expertise
- Ability to build solutions that do not require programmer intervention to perform standard business maintenance / configuration
- Ability to build solutions that are “self-healing” and that require minimal to zero maintenance
- Ability to manage projects using the organization’s project management methodology
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCondé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’sLinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.